Jekyll and Hyde

"My home?" Aki asked, absent-minded. She was too busy looking over the place.

"That's right. This is the place where your grandmother grew up in—and where you were born." Con informed.

"What?" Aki finally looked at Con.

"This is a space available only to the direct descendants with the active bloodline. No one else can come here except you or someone close to you in status. We have never been able to find this place—until now, that is." Con proceeded to explain.

Aki took another long look at the place. This was meant for her? 

"But, why take me here?" Aki asked.

"Well, I had to take something here. Something your mother locked away." Con's voice was an octave deeper as he looked around the place in melancholy. "Anyway, take you time while I search for it. Let's go Haizel." 

Without missing a beat, Haizel and Con headed towards the mansion.

It can't be anything good if my mother locked it away, right? Aki thought nervously. So, she followed them in pursuit. However, as soon as she saw the gates, she couldn't help but feel like she'd seen the place before. 

Perhaps, it was because she was born here as Con stated, but the place felt awfully familiar. Just as Con and Haizel attempted to open the gates, they were suddenly repelled by an invisible force.

Both of them hit a wall. 

"Impossible." Con growled. "The successor is here—why won't it open?!" He hissed. Haizel looked at her 'father' in worry before she turned to Aki.

"You—open the gate for us." Haizel haughtily commanded. But, Aki had other thoughts.

"Why should I?" Aki smirked.

Con's lips twitched in effort as he smiled amicably. "Dear prince, aren't you going to help your grandfather?"

"Like I said, do you think I'll believe your words?" Aki took a step towards the man. She studied Con's face, prodding for a reaction.

"... I didn't want to tell you this, but... you leave me no choice, Aki." His voice suddenly changed, deeper and... younger—almost. It was a voice that Aki was familiar with.

"What the—" Aki exclaimed in surprise as Con morphed in front of her. 

The tips of Con's blonde hair grew darker with every second, until the roots of his hair turned black. And when Con opened his eyes, two pools of obsidian stared into Aki's own. 

Cain.

The lad let out a breath of relief, his features contorting in repose as if he was taking his first breath of air in decades. He looked at Haizel at his side, shied away from her, then looked at Aki.

"Y-you!" He stuttered then ran to Aki's side. "Run away." He whispered, shielding her from Haizel's view.

Haizel scoffed. "Don't worry, Cain. I'm not going to do anything." She stated, shrugging her shoulders. Aki was too stupefied to react. 

Con is Cain...?

Con's words rang in Aki's head. 

I don't have the 'bloodline' running in my veins—at least, not in this form.

"Not in this form..." Aki muttered to herself. "So this is what Con meant." She scoffed. What is up with these people? Con's transformation into Cain was different from the jutsu's that Aki was familiar with. In the first place, was it even a jutsu, or was it a Nen technique? Or was it simply an 'alter-ego'—a dissociative identity disorder of sorts?