Tag

Killua

I frowned as I looked at the multiple rundown buildings.

"What the hell..." I heard Aki mumble under his breath. He formed a sign with one of his hands, and when he opened his eyes, they turned blood red. Then, he took the binoculars from my hands and scanned the multiple buildings.

For a moment, I found myself staring at him in silent awe. No wonder he seemed so different from the first day we met. I gotta hand it to him for being literally, out of this world.

Wait, does that mean I'm going to be dating an alien?

"These are Nen buildings. Made by a conjurer, I suppose." Aki assessed.

I cleared my throat, a little embarrassed at my lack of concentration. It's a good thing my psycho brother hasn't scolded me in my head yet.

"... Do you see the real building?"

"Not from here." He replied with a frown.

"I'm calling Kurapika." I stated, taking out my phone and dialing Kurapika's number.

"Hn... Then, I'm going in."

"Okay..." I relented.

"Don't get caught, alright?" He gave me his signature smirk before disappearing into thin air.

How ironic of him to say.

"Killua?" Kurapika picked up the call. I quickly told him our situation. From the other side, I could hear him hum in thought.

"I see... it could be the work of a Conjurer." He confirmed. I jumped through the fence and scanned the perimeter.

"Aki was able to discern the fake buildings, so there's still some hope. He went in just now."

"Alright."

I halted my run. Something's wrong. Aki's presence suddenly disappeared.

"... What is it?" Kurapika asked.

Shit.

"... I lost him."

"What?"

"Aki's presence—he just disappeared! I can't sense him anymore." I couldn't help but exclaim in anxiety.

"Killua, calm down."

I took a deep breath. Right. I shouldn't lose my composure. That would make things worse.

"... I'm calm."

"Hang up. Try to contact Aki. If you can't reach him... call me back. I'll send someone who might be able to help."

"Okay."

I dropped the call. Immediately, I tried to ring Aki's cell (the new one). It rang three times, before the call connected. Just as I was about to breath a sigh of relief, an unfamiliar voice sounded through the speaker.

"... Hello?" It was a gruff voice, one I've heard before.

Phinks.

I paled.

"Hello??" He repeated. But, I couldn't bring myself to utter a word in reply.

Aki was captured.

"Hey! Give my phone back!!" It was Aki's voice!

"Aki!!" I found myself yelling out loud.

"Who's this? Is he your bitch or something?" I heard the man taunt.

"That's none of your business. Now, let me go!" Aki demanded.

"Okay, okay. No need to be defensive. The boss only wants to continue your talk with him." A different voice chimed in. It was the woman—Pakunoda!