The Body of the Underlord

"The time is drawing near." Cain—rather, Con—announced. 

"Look, even if you tell me to open whatever's stopping you, I don't know how." Aki retorted. 

"Oh, you don't have to know to do."

"What?" Aki frowned in confusion.

Con rolled his eyes. "It's like reflex, baby." He purred. 

"Just feel it in your gut." Con 'advised', running a hand across Cain's belly as if gutting himself.

Aki didn't like this situation one bit. 

"Or, I'll go inside and get your body myself." Aki smirked. Of course, not liking the situation at hand meant she had every right to think of another approach.

"I don't really mind, either way." Con replied with a chuckle. "As long as I get my body back."

"Deal." Aki headed towards the front door. But, before she could forget, she turned back to the odd pair.

"Let's make our negotiation clear." She stated. "I get your body, you tell me everything you know, release Cain's body, and fuck off. No more bothering me."

"Yes, yes—Now, go." Con hissed.

Aki didn't understand why Con was rushing. The element of time seems to have a heavy burden on the two. She shook her head, deciding to hold on that thought for later.

Entering the mansion, Aki was surprised to find white plastered walls. It was quite a contrast to the dark, vintage feel of the exterior. Whoever designed the place must've loved irony.

Following her gut as Con had advised, she headed straight for the hallway. The hallway led to a large room with a chandelier hanging at the center. A ballroom, Aki noted.

Going further, the ballroom had two other exit points. With the three, it made and intersection like a Y that's been equally divided. 

Aki went left.

The color scheme of the place changed from dazzling white to plaid gray. All the furniture, decorative pieces, and items were in grey—as if the whole scene was taken straight out of a funeral.

 Aki stopped in front of a hanging picture frame. She studied it, eying the only red in the room. It was a picture of a big flower with white freckle-like dots and a big hole at the center. 

"Rafflesia." Aki read the inscription.

The building shuddered. Suddenly, a thin line framed the hanging picture. It extended to the floor and Aki has her reflexes to thank as she moved out of the way in time when the floor caved in.

"Huh. Secret passages, eerie building, gut feeling—what else is next, I wonder." She murmured to herself with a sigh. 

Nonetheless, she jumped in without hesitation and landed a few seconds after falling through the pit. Dry leaves crunching under her foot was the first thing she heard. Then, the smell of waffles came waltzing in.

Aki wondered if it was because she was hungry.

She stood still for a couple of minutes, feeling the energy flowing in the ground. This place was alive. She quickly activated her Sharingan.

"Wow."

Aki let out a gasp in awe at the sight. It was beautiful. Tons of billions of lights pulsed across the tunnel underground. The lights raced like circuits and illuminated the whole tunnel.

"Chakra and Nen." Aki chuckled. She ran a hand through the wall, watching the lights react to her own energy. 

"I didn't know those two can blend."

As she walked deeper into the chasm, the more it seemed as if the lights were there to guide her somewhere. Aki wondered how long she'd been walking around, following the lights. Hopefully Con gets tortured by the wait. Now was actually the best time to consider what she was to do. 

The ground shuddered once more, halting Aki in her steps. 

"What was that?"

She stood still, waiting for a second wave. But, nothing happened. Something felt off. 

Aki hastened her footsteps. Even the lights seemed to hurry. Then, another tremor shook the ground. And another—until it was a full on earthquake.

Aki began to ran like her life depended on it. Whatever was causing that earthquake, it did not feel friendly.

After a while of running, Aki finally saw it—a passage lined with irises. She quickly passed through the barrier. And immediately after she did, a large thump could be heard. The ground just before the irises seemed freshly dug, like something from under disturbed the soil.

Aki panted for air. That was a close one. However, she was here: her destination.

The path from there was lit by self-illuminating stones that lined the chamber walls. It led her deeper into an antechamber where Aki saw what she was searching for.

On an altar, there slept a man. He was the most beautiful man Aki had ever seen. Lucious black hair framing his angled face and dead-pale skin that glowed. This motherfucker is surely ethereal. 

"He looks like a vampire." Aki commented with a scoff.

Just as she was about to lug that body and seal it in a scroll for transpo, something else caught her attention. At the bottom of the altar were scribbles—words that she was immediately able to understand.

Aki read them out loud. "Chiron, Destroyer of Worlds—Father of Evil."

Aki felt a tingle down her spine. She recalled the name once. Her mother—or rather, her Uchiha mom—used to tell her a story about that man, Chiron.

"He used to be a pilgriming man in search of true love..." Aki trailed off. The man was a lunatic. He fell in love with a maiden from the Uchiha Clan. But, the Uchiha girl who valued strength saw no merit in him. She broke his heart.

Enraged, Chiron cursed the woman that should she fall for anyone—or love anyone—that love will drive her mad. And the curse would be passed down from generation to generation. 

Of course, Chiron's madness didn't end there. He ended up wiping an entire civilization, the name of which is unknown—forgotten by history itself. A true reflection of Chiron's title. 

But, what is this man from an Uchiha legend doing in an altar under the Shinikage estate? What's more, it has become apparent that Con has been lying to her about his motives and maybe even everything else.

"This—this isn't Con's body..." Aki trailed off. "Just what is Con up to?"