That Clip

(A bit of shounen ai reference for you guys, yeah ^^)

For the second time, Aki woke up beside Killua in bed.

Aki groaned. She didn't want to think about Killua first thing in the morning. However, as last night's (or rather, early morning's) events played in her mind, she couldn't help but think about him.

Especially with their hands were still clasped together.

Aki pried Killua's fingers off hers. Gently, she escaped from his (or Gon's) bed. With a sigh, she started her day with her usual workout routine.

As usual, Aki's mind was made busy with her thoughts. She wondered about Hazel and that thief; about Killua's change in behavior; and Gon's reaction at the mention of Shinikage. But, none of them struck a chord. Her thoughts led her to a dead end. Aki supposed that investigating about Killua's new behaviour should come first.

After her workout, she took a bath. By the time that Gon and Killua stirred awake, Aki had already brought breakfast from a nearby pancake house.

"Morning." Aki greeted, already eating her piece of blueberry pancake.

"Aki! You came back!" Gon exclaimed, jumping from the bed. He made his way to Aki.

The girl flashed a lopsided smile. "Of course, I did."

Killua got out of bed too, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. For the first time, Mr. I-can-go-without-sleep-for-three-days-straight felt like he could sleep a bit more. 

"Morning..." Killua mumbled in reply to Aki's greetings. He swopped behind Aki, taking a bite out of Aki's pancake. "Yum." Killua munched on it, eyes narrowed from sleep.

Gon's mouth dropped. He eyed Killua then Aki.

"What happened?" Finally, Gon asked. Killua continued to munch from Aki's food—indirectly kissing her. Aki suddenly felt a bit conscious.

"I dunno... when I came back, he was suddenly like this?" Aki replied, gesturing to Killua's hand that found its way woven to Aki's. If possible, Gon's jaw dropped further.

Gon chuckled. "Killua, are you awake?" Gon asked in a teasing tone, waving a hand in front of Killua's face. Killua slapped the hand away.

"Of course, I am. Idiot." Killua replied in his usual manner and tone. Gon and Aki shared a look.

"You're holding my hand again." Aki pointed out, waving their clasped hands in front of Killua.

"Hmm, yeah." Killua mumbled, grinning.

"This is not Killua." Gon found himself saying. As much as he shipped Killua with Aki, he knew this person was definitely not his best friend.

"Agreed."

"Hm? What's wrong?" Killua asked, glancing between Aki and Gon in confusion.

"You are, old man. Did you finally reach the age of dementia?" Aki jested, testing Killua's reaction.

"Don't be silly. I can still remember yesterday, you know." Killua waved off, hand squeezing Aki's with a small smile.

"Okay, definitely creepy." Gon stated, horrorstruck with Killua's actions. "What happened? Did you bring home a ghost or something?" The question was meant for Aki, but Killua answered.

"No, he didn't. I'm still me, okay?" Killua huffed, at the same time rubbing circles with his thumb on Aki's hand.

"No shit, Sherlock." Aki cursed sardonically.