Clash

A mad war was well on its way.

Con stared at the mansion, the house where it all started. Any minute now, Aki would come back to him with 'his' body. Haizel stood by his side, anxious.

"Why is he taking so long?" The woman muttered out loud in anguish.

"Patience, dear." Con smiled, tapping his fingers on his chin. 

"The lunar eclipse is nearing! If we want to revive him, we need to hurry." Haizel hissed.

Con's eyes changed to deep charcoal. 

"It's impossible for you to revive that man!" Cain exclaimed, grating his teeth. "I will never allow it!"

"Quiet!" Con's voice boomed, his eyes returning to ruby red color. Cain didn't surface a second time.

As the night wore on, Con and Hazel began to feel restless. With the earth's shadow looming over the moon and Aki nowhere in sight, Con started to believe the conjecture that Aki may have run off to save her own skin.

Impossible. Con convinced himself. From what little he knew, Aki wasn't the type to simply leave. Not while he held Cain as captive; not when her own curiosity is at its peak. Mentioning 'Itachi Uchiha' was the right decision. Although, Con didn't know the owner of the name, it sure did got Aki motivated enough.

That's right. Con prepared for this day. No matter what, he had to succeed—even if it meant using the descendant of his beloved sister.

A tremor passed through the ground.

"They're here." Haizel gasped, pointing towards a ripple in a distance. The ground phased, turning to black goo. Out from it came a dark-hooded figure, and then a car.

"Feitan!" Con could recognize that face from a mile away. Whirling midair, Feitan cocked his fists and launched himself towards Con. The car revved in the background, following Feitan's lead and drove straight for the father and daughter pair.

"Con." Feitan hissed as his first met with Con's palm.

Con smiled tauntingly. "How nice to see my daughter's pet." He jeered, redirecting Feitan's blow. Clicking his tongue, Feitan jumped back, right over the hood of the car as it drove towards Con.

Metal hit flesh with a sickening crack, and sent Con a few feet away. A curtain of dust covered the two opposing groups, as if to stop the growing tension.

Another tremor passed through the ground.

"Daddy!?" Haizel yelped, running towards Con. However, Nobunaga stepped before her with his hand on the hilt of his sword, stopping Haizel in her tracks. Haizel frowned.

"Well, well. You've become quite the loud bitch, eh?" Nobunaga taunted.

"You—!!" Hazel grit her teeth, clenching her fists in fury.

"Ah!!" Gon exclaimed, as soon as he stepped out of the car. He pointed at Con. "You're that guy from the arm-wrestling contest!"

Con chuckled, getting up from the ground. The man snapped his shoulder back in place, facing Gon with a maniacal grin. "And you're the eye of scarlet."

"This ends now, Con." Feitan hissed, unsheathing his blade. At the same time, Machi and Pakunoda brandished their weapons as Haizel braced for combat. For one tense moment, everything was still.

—and then, the ground shook as if to signal that start of a catastrophe.

Feitan was the first to break the tension, slashing through the air as his blade met Con's kunai knife. Sparks flew, and as if it were the signal to begin, Machi dashed for Haizel as Pakunoda fired her gun towards the woman. Nobunaga watched the clash for a moment before gesturing Gon and Killua to follow him.