The Phantom Troupe

"No."

Feitan couldn't believe his ears. Veins appeared on his temple.

The brat has the nerve to—I'll fucking kill him. Feitan considered darkly, glaring at the face with similar features he used to adore. But, before he could proceed with murder, Aki spoke again.

"I... I have people to return to." Aki said in a small, but determined voice. She swallowed her... fear of the man, opting to refuse the opportunity of a lifetime: the answers to her questions. Something didn't feel right...

But, Feitan was not satisfied with her answer.

"Then leave them." He deadpanned. 

Aki's eyes hardened. If there was anything she hated most, it was being told what to do. So, she jutted her chest out proudly—then made a run for it. 

Running away—one of the most orthodox ways of escaping one's problem. Still, the most convenient one so far. 

Aki knew from Feitan's moves earlier, that he was a veteran fighter—much stronger that she was. She knew, from her countless experiences, that Feitan was nothing like the opponents she's faced in the Heaven's Arena. Thus, a tactical retreat was better than weighing her chances on a one-on-one fight with the man.

Besides, Aki was confident with her ability to lose her pursuers (it comes with being a ninja).

What a jinx. 

Aki didn't take into account, that the guy could go faster.

"You call that running away? Pathetic." Feitan irked, face donning an almost disgusted expression. He was behind Aki in less than a second. The man kept up with Aki's speed, running a feet ahead of her. Feitan attacked.

Immediately, Aki changed her course, avoiding a punch on the face. (A/N: literally what I'm feeling right now 😭. I wanna change my course #CollegeStudentTroubles)

She pivoted on her right heel, then swung her left leg towards Feitan. The man blocked her, but she expected that. With Feitan's hand clasped on Aki's ankle, the girl twisted her torso and pulled her fist back.

However, Feitan dodged, releasing Aki's leg. That didn't deter Aki from launching her next attack. Similarly, Feitan closed-in for a counterattack, aiming for Aki's face. 

Aki couldn't stop herself in time, due to inertia. So, she twisted her head, and using the momentum, she twirled her body and landed her elbow on Feitan's face. A perfect back-spin elbow.

Feitan took a few steps back, obviously stunned by the blow as blood trickled from his nose. And Aki resumed to running away from that lapse. The man watched Aki's retreating back. He couldn't stop his snort of amusement, lips twisted in a smirk.

How interesting.

In the blink of an eye, Feitan closed the distance between them. But before Aki could retaliate like last time, Feitan knocked her out.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

The moment Aki opened her eyes, she was met by the darkness. She moved around, a fiber-like  material covering her sight—and her whole body. Then, a voice came.

"—Feitan, what's inside that sack?"

Sack?

Aki realized the fiber-like material was the sack. She was inside the sack.

"Woah! It moved!" A different voice exclaimed—this one, a tone higher, but still a male's voice. Aki didn't waste time, ripping the material with her bare hands. She was met with a different view than expected.