Night Walk

(Warning!! Yaoi feels on this chapter--or, more like shounen ai. Y'all know the drill XD)

"I can't believe you uncovered a fraud like that, Killua."

"... Shut up." Killua couldn't help but facepalm at the reminder.

"But, think about it! Who would've thought that old man was actually selling illegal goods? Good thing you figured it out." Gon continued to prattle.

"We still haven't found Aki though." Killua groaned, covering his face with his palm.

Gon snickered. "Oh right~ Someone's eager."

"Of course, I—No!! I mean, I'm not eager to see him... I'm just eager to hit him for leaving us like that. It's not like I want to see him..." Killua trailed off, realizing the obscurity of his words. He groaned, cheeks ablaze.

Gon laughed. "Tell me honestly Killua, do you like Aki?"

"NO." The light-haired boy was quick to deny.

"Something's weird though..."

Killua raised a brow. "What?"

"You're blushing."

"Aghh?!" Killua's hands flew to his cheeks.

Gon guffawed. The light-haired boy could only glare at his friend.

Killua narrowed his eyes. "Tease me again and I'm gonna ditch you too." Not that he was really going to. Still, that got Gon clamping his hands to his mouth, shaking his head. Killua huffed in satisfaction before he was off to look for Aki again.

The old man was a blessing in disguise. He claimed that he saw Aki around 3 PM. The old man even talked to Aki before the kid went and left. Apparently, he stole Aki's pin... the pin now safely tucked in Killua's pocket.

It was already 9 PM, hours after the event. Still, Killua couldn't stop looking for Aki. He could only hope 'he' was in a much better situation.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

Aki walked on the deserted part of town. After hours of fruitless wandering, she was finally able to track down her thief. Scaling buildings and hiding in shadows, she tailed the back of a guy who looked no more than 16 or 18.

In his hands was Aki's black bag.

It was a surprise that the guy haven't scourged through her stuff yet. However, as the guy entered a tall building, Aki realized why.

The place practically screamed 'hideout'—what with the broken windows and crumbling cement. She assumed he must have been part of some thieving organization.

Naturally, Aki followed him inside, masking her presence with Zen. However, as soon as she entered, she was greeted with the sight of forty to fifty people.

All staring at her.

That was probably the cue for a breach. Two guys, nearest to her, attacked Aki despite her Zen. Quick to react, Aki avoided their attacks and knocked them out before they could even say 'hi'.

All hell break loose.

Five or so people went in and attempted to subdue her—each of them knocked out before the others could react. Realizing her strength, those who were left teamed up in tens, attacking her simultaneously.

However, even they were powerless against the dark-haired girl.

Finally, after much effort, Aki had finally reached her perpetrator. It was weird. The dude just stood there. He didn't even participate in the onslaught of attacks featuring his comrades (or, at least that's what Aki assumed they were). Aki's bag was still in his hands.