Connection

Aki was not big in stature or in physic and she didn't weigh much either. But people are always surprised with how strong she was. She was a walking time-bomb. The essence of being a ninja was engraved in her body. Furthermore, she was trained to be a killer.

Vaguely, if she concentrated, Aki could recall wails of horror and whispers of despair. She could recall a voice in her head harshly whispering against her ear. Aki couldn't make sense of what the person was saying but every time she remembers his whispering voice, a shiver runs down Aki's spine in fear.

That person was the one who taught her the meaning of death and desperation; the one who taught her how easy it was to take away life...

"Keep your head in the game, Aki." Hisoka's voice brought Aki out of her reverie.

A punch hit Aki on her stomach which made her cough out blood as her back collided with the wall. Hisoka didn't stop there and rained down his fist once more. The black-haired girl had no time to block as a series of direct hits rained down on her lithe form.

With swift movements, Aki dodged Hisoka, twisting her body around his in a dangerous dance. Aki pivoted on her left leg, gaining momentum before she brought her right knee on Hisoka's stomach. The red head caught her knee however, clicking his tongue.

"I thought this whole training session was meant to test your defense?" Hisoka questioned, bringing their fight on a standstill. Aki smirked.

"Best defense is offense, old man." Aki retorted, bringing down her knee from Hisoka's hold. The red head smirked back. He stood up straight with his hands on his waist.

"Well, I must say that your Ten is near perfect now. You should be able to practice Ren now." Hisoka commented.

"I guess I better pay Wing a visit." Aki muttered under her breath. It was just another day of training for Aki. With a 9-0 record, she was taking her time to find the right match that will grant her the ticket to the top floor masters.

Hisoka was on the same boat as her. He was waiting for Gon, that is. And so, they were spending more time together. Hisoka had agreed to help Aki with her Nen training. They often did their training sessions in the Arena's gym.

After a few minutes of resting, Aki took off her shirt leaving her in just a tank top. She also removed her holster of weapons. Then, she faced Hisoka with a face that made Hisoka shiver in delight.

"Break time's over." Aki said, lowering her stance with hands on the side. Her aura enveloped her in a visible coat of white.

"Time to get serious, eh?" Hisoka remarked, swinging his hips to the side.

"Come at me with all you got, old man." Aki invited, flashing her signature smirk. Hisoka didn't need to be told twice. In a second, he covered the distance between them with one leap. Using his momentum, the red head punched Aki on the mug.

Then another hit on the jaw; a kick to her shin; a doble chop; then another hit on her face.

Hisoka was merciless.

He continued to rain down hits as Aki tried her best to defend against them. Hisoka's movements were swift and lethal—every hit packing quite an impact. Still, Aki tried to persevere, moving her body to fox-trot with Hisoka's moves and blocking his blows.

As time went by, Aki observed a pattern to Hisoka's movements. A hit to her left, followed by a high kick, then finished with a punch. Afterwards, Hisoka aimed for her right torso, sweeping his feet underneath Aki, then standing up to land a hard blow to her jaw.

And then Aki saw it in slow motion: Hisoka's fist coming from her left side. Her arms moved up to block the blow. Unconsciously, Aki began to shift her Nen to become more concentrated on the left side of her head and her arms on the trajectory of the blow.