Shinikage

Aki

I woke up in Hisoka's bed—with my shirt gone and Hisoka sleeping beside me. Surprised, my initial reaction was to kick the old man away from me. The red head let out a string of curses when his head hit the floor with a loud thud.

Well, he earned the pain.

"What the hell am I doing here?" I asked, confused. I was glad that Hisoka didn't take off the bandages around my chest. At least I was still decent. Still, nothing's weirder than waking up beside your adoptive father with no shirt on.

"You collapsed yesterday. I carried you to my room." The red head explained, sitting up from the floor. He greeted me good morning, smiling albeit creepily.

"Why didn't you just put me in my room?" I asked, standing up from the bed to look for my shirt.

"Hey~ don't be too cruel. I took care of you." Hisoka sang in a mockingly sweet voice, whilst licking his lips. A shiver ran down my spine.

"I do not want to know what you mean by that." I emphasized, glaring at him. Although, I did feel unnecessarily clean—free from grime, dirt, and blood. I shuddered at the thought of being vulnerable to that side of Hisoka. Quickly, I grabbed my shirt (which was torn beyond recognition) and slung it over my shoulder.

I bid Hisoka goodbye, ignoring his lingering stare.

"Be sure to attend my match with Gon today~" I heard Hisoka call out to me before I closed the door of his room behind me. Right. Today's the day that Gon would be fighting Hisoka on the stage.

As much as I was rooting for Gon to knock Hisoka's teeth out, I just couldn't imagine him winning against the crazy clown. Gon's got grit for sure, but it was nothing compared to Hisoka's raw strength. As someone who gets constantly beat up by the red head lunatic, I can say this with confidence.

After having a proper bath, a nice meal, and finishing my daily workout routine, I headed out to the Arena. Gon already gave me a ticket for his match, telling me it wasn't refundable. Well, I also got a ticket from Hisoka.

I'm planning to use the extra with Killua like last time. We were supposed to meet at the front gate. I saw him before he noticed me. He was wearing a cute pink shirt, carrying a bunch of snacks.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"Finally." Killua said, giving me a dry look. "I thought you were going to bail on me." He reprimanded. I offered him a shrug.

"Gee, I'm doing fine too. Looking good in pink by the way." I teased mordantly. The light-haired boy blushed.

"Shut up. Let's just go to our seats." He grumbled under his breath. I chuckled in reply, ever amused by his reactions. Handing our tickets to the guard, we entered the bleachers and sat in our designated seats.

I checked the time. There was still 15 minutes before the match starts. I excused myself from Killua, telling him that I was going to meet up with Hisoka for a bit. He shrugged.

"Go knock yourself out." He bid me farewell. Oh gods, I hope not. I guess Killua didn't exactly mean it in that context, but the event this morning got stuck in my mind.

Ugh... this is bad. I'm starting to think like Hisoka.

By the time I found Hisoka, he was already heading towards the stage. I gave him my best sentiments, jokingly telling him to go easy on Gon for me. All the while, Hisoka was staring at me with an unreadable look in his eyes.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him.

"... Aki, are you gay?" He asked. My shoulders hunched up in surprise, tense. Then came the feeling of shame.