A Moment

(A/N: I'm writing this in Killua's third point of view so Aki's referred to as Chrome and a boy.)

Chrome Matteis.

The name brought many conflicting feelings to Killua. There was undeniable hatred and wary. But now, as he lied unconscious on Gon's bed, Killua couldn't help but feel pity for the boy.

Chrome was irrefutably strong and yet currently in Gon's bed, he was weak. It was sad to think that someone could be so powerful and yet still be fragile. He had frightening skills that could be used to hurt Gon. But right now, Killua can kill Chrome while the boy is currently asleep. The question was,

To kill or not to kill?

Killua wanted to kill the boy alright. The issue was Gon. That idiot was already attached to Chrome. The way he held him closely to himself as he carried the unconscious boy made Killua frown.

Killua was sure that Gon wouldn't appreciate it if he came back from the bathroom only to find Chrome's corpse on his bed.

Still, the light-haired boy mused over it.

The technique that Chrome used to kill Raiden was something Killua's father had taught him personally. It was a high-level assassination technique that needed years of training to master.

That means Chrome was trained to be an assassin, just like Killua was.

But I've changed. I've changed because of Gon. I'm not the same person I was before.

The silverette thought to himself. But deep inside, doubt was eating him alive. Illumi's words haunted him, repeating itself in his head like a curse. And speaking of brothers, Killua was surprised when Chrome suddenly sat up from the bed, and started calling out 'big bro.'

"Nii-san(Big Bro)...!" Chrome yelled once more, arms waving about in search of something. His eyes were still closed. Killua snorted at the sight. But then, Chrome got a hold of his shirt.

"What the—" Killua nearly chopped off the arm that held his shirt. But he wasn't able to do so because the next thing he knew, Chrome was hugging him. Killua's jaw hung agape.

W-what the hell!

Killua frowned, trying to break free from Chrome's embrace. But the unconscious boy held him closer, burying his face on Killua's chest. A small blush surfaced on Killua's cheeks at the intrusion of his personal space.

Just as Killua was about to flip Chrome away from him, he felt something warm wet his shirt. His eyes widen as he looked down at the boy who clung desperately to him.

"Nii-san..." Chrome called out again. Killua's throat felt dry as he saw the tears trailing down on Chrome's cheeks. At that moment, Chrome looked like a vulnerable child, just as he should. None of that pained look in his eyes, or the mellowness that came with being forced to grow up too quickly.

"... don't leave. Please." Chrome continued, sniffling.

He's crying!

Killua thought to himself in panic. Killua had absolutely no idea what to do. He didn't know how to comfort someone. After all, he was raised in a family of assassins. What does an assassin comforts? The dead? Hah!

An instinctive feeling made Killua wrap his arms around the boy, returning his embrace. Hesitantly, he stroked Chrome's hair. As if in a trance, Killua kissed Chrome's forehead before tightening his hold on him—like his mom used to do to him, before all the assassin training began.

Killua patted Chrome's back rhythmically, softly. Suddenly, the boy in his arms flinched. That made Killua stop what he was doing. Slowly, he looked down to see Chrome, onyx eyes staring back at him.