Conned

A/N: I was kinda listening to this while writing the chapter. I feel like this could be Aki's song for Hisoka. 

You never share your toys or communicate. I guess I'm just a play date to you~

"Tell me why you left." Aki demanded.

"What would it change? In the first place, you know this is something that I would do... eventually." Hisoka replied. Aki could almost see the smile on his face. But, she didn't dare look back to confirm it. 

"What the hell? Now you're giving me that shit? What kind of dad are you? Leaving me at the drop of a hat—you're the worst. Go die somewhere." Aki began to rant. Hisoka chuckled in response.

"What about you? I thought you weren't gay? But now, you're kissing guys randomly?" Hisoka teased in a light tone, trying to keep himself from blowing up. Just remembering Killua's face was enough to sour his mood.

"Whatever, clown. And, it wasn't a random kiss." Aki dissed, flashing her middle finger at him.

"Oho~ So you've kissed Killua before? My, how bold~" Hisoka jested. 

The veins on Aki's temple throbbed, ready to pop.

"Just shut up! Shut up, and just take me to your boss." Aki yelled indignantly, punching Hisoka on the chest. She punched with all her might. Yet, the red head remained unfazed.

They were two people riddled with hurt that night.

One felt betrayed, the other felt wronged. 

Hisoka didn't get why Aki was so upset. He said his goodbyes. He never says goodbye. But he always bid his farewells to Aki. 

It's not like he wanted to say goodbye. But, he had to⏤before things got messy. Hisoka knew he had to get away and that was for Aki's sake too! Why didn't she get that?

And now she's disowning him?

Hah! At least Hisoka was comforted by the thought that it was HIM who left first. 

On the other hand, Aki was torn between anger and longing. She longed for an explanation. She longed for him to say that everything was alright⏤that Hisoka wasn't cutting ties for good. But at the same time, she was angry. 

Angry that Hisoka left, when he promised he would stay. 

Maybe Hisoka didn't really mean that promise...

And now, Aki felt like an immature child⏤holding onto something that wasn't even real in the first place.

This rift tore them apart, and made the happy memories blurry. Although it was still mendable, with the way they were acting, it wouldn't be long before they ruin what was left of their ties.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

"Yes. I'll be there by tomorrow." Con smiled, trying to keep himself from cursing out loud. He loosened his suit and leaned back on the car's leather seats.

 He loosened his suit and leaned back on the car's leather seats