Chapter 19 --- How?

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure this is amazing, Chloe." He finally looks at me and kisses my cheek. I'm almost done with the work then off to printing, we can eat for a few minutes I guess. "

It doesn't occur to him on how happy that makes me. "Thanks, babe." I lean forward to kiss him.

"Though I believe you forgot the lemonade on the fridge."

"Oh! Right. I'll just--"

"Nope. I'll get it. You stay here and start your sandwich. I don't want you starving either." He gets up and goes to the door faster than you can say my name. Bliss fills me once more and I am alone with his works.

I look over the monitor and minimized his current work as I look at the shots that will get printed later. Seriously, a customer paid him enough for our honeymoon? I have to see these! Maybe these shots will get to be featured in one of his exhibits as well.

Lucas doesn't like it when I get on this computer. Maybe I'll accidentally delete photos or maybe I'll get furious with his new models who can be revealing at times for the sake of their portfolios, but we've talked about this before. And a little peak of some shots from some wealthy family won't hurt. Maybe I'll thank them too when I have the chance.

Then I see it. The folder for the large prints and the moment I opened the pictures, I felt all the blood in my body drain as well as my mouth went dry.

James and Cassidy.

They got married.

Cassidy was the mysterious fiancé James just couldn't stop talking about.

Shit.

Shot after shot, one picture more beautiful than the other, and it ends with the entire family in such a regal shot.

What?!

I started to hear footsteps. Luckily I exited the folder and opened his current work as if nothing happened.

"Okay. I've got the lemonade and a glass with ice--" Lucas stops and looks at me. "Chlo, are you alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Just fine. Just hungry. " I faked.

He comes closer and lays our dinner on the spare table. "Come let's eat before I go back to work, baby." He pats on the sofa.

I never felt so weak in my life but I had to walk over just so that Lucas wouldn't have any suspicions.

"Thank you for dinner, my soon-to-be Mrs. Harper." He kisses me and I just felt all the tension melt away.

"Anything for you." I reply and I see him devour his sandwich. "Babe, is it possible for me to come along when you deliver the large prints?"

"Of course." He doesn't fight me. I never came along when he delivers large prints but this time, I insist.

----

Cassidy's P.O.V.

It's over. The fun is officially over, and the mask needs to fall bit by bit.

I had the most wonderful time. Never would I thought of myself being at this state in life. A husband, a home, a life! There is nothing I'd want more.

Well...

There is one thing.

But...no. I can't.

I will be a bad mother. Just knowing that I would risk it's life will be the death of me. The thought of our child growing without me in his or her life is unforgiveable. I can never bear that. The scenario of killing us both will definitely kill James.