Luke Alvez Catch Up (Part1)

How you met
You had been working with the BAU for almost 8 years now and one of your teammates, Derek, was leaving. It was going to be hard but you thought you would be okay, and you were. However, it all came crashing down when the new guy came. It was a regular morning and you had just had a late morning. You slept till 8 o'clock and had waffles for breakfast, amazing. Stepping out of the elevator, you could see Hotch talking with someone. His back was too you but you could tell he was tall and very muscly, just like Derek. On your way to your desk, Hotch stopped you and introduced you to the new guy. "Y/N, this is Luke Alvez," Luke reached his hand out to you and you gave him a flash of a smile and looked to Hotch. "He will be joining the BAU to help us catch the escaped convicts," you lost it. The fact that Derek was gone hit you and it hit hard. You quickly with drawled your hand from Luke's, turned and quickly walked to the bathroom. You were breathing heavy and your eyes burned from the tears that threatened to spill over your lashes onto your cheeks. Glancing up, you meet your own gaze in the mirror. Sad and angry, your lips trembled and you felt true fear for the first time in a while. It was terrifying to know that Derek wouldn't be along side you anymore and that you won't be able to go to him like you had been able to do before. Taking a deep breath, you compose yourself and head straight for your desk. Luke's desk was across from yours and he tried to make conversation but you immediately shut him down, "I'm sorry but I'm awfully busy." That was it, nothing spectacular. 

They Ask You Out
You were staying late to finish up some paper work and it just so happens to be Luke's catch up night for paperwork. The room was empty, except for the two of you. It was completely quiet, besides the paper flipping and the pen scratches on everything. You had gotten really caught up on a file, it was done so bad that you had to completely start over, thanks to Anderson.  It was stressing you out so much that you shoulders when to your ears, you stopped breathing and you hands got all clammy. You scribbled some notes down and typed something in to your computer the edit the document. The typing was loud and aggressive and normally you don't worry about it because you are alone. However, you forgot that Luke was with you until he said, "Hey, mind not trying to crush your keyboard? I'm awfully busy." He says it in a jokingly serious way but you did not find the humor in it. HIs smile quickly disappeared when you looked up at him. You stood up and went to you coffee maker, it was going to be a long night for you. You were too caught up in cursing Anderson to hear Luke stand up from his chair and walk to your desk. "Woah, this file is a mess," he says as he flips through it. "Yea, your commentary isn't helping much." You mix your fresh cup of coffee and start for your desk again. Only, Luke stands in your path. "Please, I need to get back to work," you say without looking at him. "I think you need a break," Luke says. You try to go around him but he catches your middle and pulls you back to where you were before. This time you look at him straight in the eyes, "I need to get back to work. Let me pass." He smirks at you shakes his head. You take a breath and set your coffee cup down on the table next to you. It makes a loud thud and a splash as some of the liquid falls to the table. You fold your arms and look at him, "What do you want?" He takes a step closer to you, close enough that you can smell his cologne. "I think we have both been working very hard and deserve a drink. You more than anyone," he looks at you in a weird way. Almost pity but with admiration. "Sorry, can't. I have an important job that I need to finish, and so do you." You catch him off guard and you are able to sneak around him to get back to your desk. He tried for weeks after and you didn't say yes until JJ made you say yes. 

Your First Kiss
It was quick and rough, he caught you off guard. The team was out on a case and you were all just heading in for the night when Luke stopped you. You had been on one date and it wasn't really that. You had went out for a drink and ended up having half a beer only to be called in to the office. "Hey, can I talk to you for a moment," he said touching your arm lightly. "I guess so, but I wanna go to sleep so an it be quick?" He nods and looks at his shoes for a slight second and then looks back to you. "We can walk and talk," he says and takes a step forward. You follow and wonder when he is going to start the conversation. He didn't. "So what did you need me for?" He just kept walking up to his room, not saying anything. Your rooms were across the hall from each other so you weren't complaining about that part. He pulled his key card out of his pocket and you did too because you thought he was just trying to annoy you. You slid your card in and pressed down on the door handle. "1...2..3," Luke counted behind you and you turned you head to feel his hands roughly touch your cheeks and his lips on yours. You just dropped what was in your hands and he pulled away. It was very abrupt and awkward, which was very different from what you thought. He was a hot boy, hot body, nice teeth, tall, buff. Automatically you would think that he was amazing with the ladies but he was very awkward and shy about this. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make that weird," he said and scratched the back of his neck. You shrugged it off. Sure it was awkward but it was a good kiss. "I would allow to try again, if you felt like you really needed to do so," you tell him pick up your cell phone and key card. He looks up at you with a goofy smile. You take a step closer to each other and his hand gently cup your cheeks as he brings his lips to yours. Soft and slow this time, your hands go around his waist and he lets out a little moan into your mouth. You giggle and break the kiss, "Goodnight Luke." You step back into your room and leave him out in the hall. "Goodnight y/n."