Imagine #9: Spencer

@Mahomie_TX requested this and I hope it helps with the withdrawals. Just know I am here for you because the feels are real. I am sorry it so long, I have been on holiday and it has snowed like crazy here so my wifi wasn't working.

Spencer's POV 

I pace back and fourth, fidgeting with my fingers. I can't decide if I should ask her. I mean, I love her but what if she doesn't feel the same way about us. I can't imagine where I would be today without her but she would be fine without me. I know it, she is so strong and independent. If I ask her, I might ruin what we have.

"Hey kiddo," Derek says. "Whatcha thinking about?" All I do is look at him and shake my head. I can't tell him about it, it wouldn't be right. 

"Nothing," I say. I sit down in the chair closest to me. "Just thinking about..." I trail off and shrug my shoulders. Derek gets the message that I don't want to talk and begins to talk about some football or baseball game that happened last night. I wasn't paying attention but I oohed and ahhed at the right parts and laughed when he laughed.

When Derek was done talking about the game, JJ came and told us we needed to get to the conference room for a briefing. I sit down in my usual chair and (y/n) sits right by me like usual. I freak out and look down at the files in front of me. I heard her trying to say something to me but she stopped when Garcia started talking.

Your POV

I walk into the conference room and see Spencer, I haven't seen him all day. He was all weird this morning and left before you were even out of bed. I sit in my usual chair right next to him and he gets all weird again.

"Hey," I say, " Are you okay?" I ask and wait for an answer. He looks down at the files in front of him. "Spence. Did you hear me?" I ask him. He continues to ignore me. I open my mouth to say something else but Garcia begins to brief us on the case before I can even start.

We all listen to her explain what the case is about but I cant only think about Spencer. I started to think of what I did to upset him or what someone else could have done to upset him. By the time Hotch told us when the jet was leaving I was practically oozing anger. Why is he acting like this? He doesn't get to just ignore me, he needs to talk to me about whatever's going on with him. I grab my files and get ready to get on the jet.

Spencer's POV

I hop up the stairs to get on the jet and see that (y/n) is already there looking over the files from the briefing. She looks angry so I decide to sit by JJ instead, she looked less like she was going to shoot someone.

As soon as I sit down JJ asks me, "Hey, do you know what's up with (y/n)?" I just look back at her and shrug. I know she's probably upset because of the way I have been acting but I don't want JJ to know. 

"Okay," she says, "must just be the case I guess." I nod along with JJ and look over at (y/n). All I can think is that I need to fix this.  Derek comes on the jet and he goes to sit with her, hopefully he will be able to calm (y/n) down a bit. 

Your POV

I am on the jet and sitting with Derek. He hasn't said anything but I know he knows something is up with me and Spencer.  After Hotch's divies up where we are supposed to be gong when we land, Derek leans over. 

"Is there something wrong with you and Reid?" He asks my in a whisper. I shrug and look at him, Derek instantly knows that I am hurt. He nods and looks at Spencer. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No, it's fine," I say. "It is something between us and we need to figure it out." He left it at that and went back to the case. We landed and headed to do whatever we were supposed to do. They whole Spencer would just get weird whenever I entered the room. By the end of the day I had cooled off enough to work on the case.