1. Awards

Pasted above the lavishly decorated door is a banner with the words 'Allen Employee Award Ceremony'.

Behind the door, seated according to position, are hundreds of employees from the Allen corporation as well as their families. Everyone is dressed in their most expensive jewelry, suits, and dresses, hoping to give their best impression, hoping to draw the attention of a single person.

In fact, many came to honor those who would earn an award, but many more still attended only to catch a glimpse of the beautiful heiress of the Allen family.

The heiress, Clarissa Allen, only living descendent of the Allen group, set to inherit all Allen companies and fortunes, rarely showed herself in public and interacted with business matters only when it was a must, so for many people this would be the only time they would ever have a chance to glance on the lady's visage.

The large room once noisy and bustling immediately quieted down as an image of peerless beauty walked through the wide-open door. Even though she wore high stilettos her steps were quiet and elegant, each time her creamy white legs moved her bright red dress danced around her and flowed behind her like a wisp. Her dark hair was long, thick, and silky, loosely reaching down to her knees, there were no decorations on it nor was it styled, but that did not detract from its beauty as it framed her small bright face. Her eyes were dark and bottomless, and though expressionless there was despair in their depths. Behind her several men and women followed, some were security, and some were employees carrying awards, all of them were straight faced and had eyes only for the woman in front of them.

Those who watched her enter straightened their backs until their spines almost snapped, their eyes wide as saucers so they would not miss any detail. The atmosphere around Clarissa was so cold and detached they could not help being on their best behavior, even children quieted and focused their innocent eyes on the woman.

"To all my guests, welcome to the Allen Company annual award ceremony--" Clarissa gave a fifteen-minute speech in honor of the awards, her enticing voice mesmerizing all the attendees. No one dared to even breathe too loudly lest they miss hearing her delicate voice, what she said was not even important.

Finally, the woman closed her mouth and turned to the attendants by her side, one by one she called the name of the employees who had achieved merit. Each employee held the gold or silver award, but the real crowning moment came when they were able to shake the beauty's hand.

Every single man and woman who received an award was an elite and yet in the face of the young woman they were practically oozing subordinance and subservience. Some were so awed by her beauty, elegance, and background that instead of shaking her hand they took it into theirs and handled it like a precious national treasure.

The woman was used to such treatment and although she did not care for it, neither did she take measures against such behavior. So long as none of the employees went overboard she would put up with it for the sake of her company.

From the crowd an old old woman, already stooped from age, stared at the girl who looked on at the people before her with disinterest in her eyes.

A twisted smile snuck onto the old woman's face, then in plain sight she vanished in the middle of a cloud of red smoke. No one noticed her presence, and no one noticed her odd departure.

Meanwhile on the stage a commotion broke out. "Hold him down!" The guards who had been in the background so far moved into action as they heard an order issued by the head of security.

One of the award winners had lost his head and was holding onto Clarissa's hands tightly, trying to force her to lower her head, so he could kiss her.

Clarissa did not struggle because her guards had immediately moved to action and clamped down on the irrational man.

Two bodyguards pulled at the man and a third circled his arm around the man's neck. Lacking in air the man finally released Clarissa and fell down clawing at the guard's arm.

One of the bodyguards came forward and bowed slightly. "My Lady, how would you like us to proceed?" He asked.

Clarissa took out a handkerchief and wiped her hands. Once she was done she threw the handkerchief down at the man held down by the guards. "Get rid of him, I don't want him in any of my companies or affiliates." With finality in her tone the rest of the ceremony was ignored as she walked off the stage and walked out the doors, she never even paid a second glance to the rest of her stunned guests.

Several guards quickly followed while the man was dragged out by several others. In the Allen Company the man would never appear again, and if he ever wanted to work again he would likely have to move to another country or find work in the countryside.