56 | D A R K

•••
please don't make any
                           sudden moves.
•••

   "You look terrible!"

   "Thanks, Potter, it's always a pleasure to talk to you", Draco grumbled, his eyes rolling. Dark shadows lay underneath them, his skin was pale and almost transparent like a piece of parchment.

   "No really, Draco, you look like you haven't slept for weeks", Lynnea softly told the blonde boy and grabbed his arm, as he wanted to walk away to his dorm. She pulled him back on the couch in front of the fireplace, where she found him. He was the last one in the common room when she arrived, after Madame Pomfrey finally let her leave the hospital wing. "What's wrong?"

   He pulled his arm forcefully out of her grip. "Nothing, everything's fine", he snapped with narrowed eyes.

   "Yeah, that's exactly what it seems like", Lynnea sarcastically shot back, piercing her eyes straight to his. "Don't know how I couldn't have seen that at first sight."

   "Gosh, don't be that nosy!", he growled.

   "I'm not, I'm just worried", she said in a quiet voice, raising an eyebrow at him. "Really, you look awful. So, if you want, you can tell me, I swear I take it to the grave."

   His face turned into a grimace; Lynnea could see the fight behind his icy grey eyes. "I can't", he muttered, so she could barely hear him. "This is something I have to deal with myself."

   "Is that what you think, or what your father told you to think?", Lynnea asked and if looks could kill, he'd be a murderer.

   "You have no idea, Potter", he hissed through gritted teeth. "You know nothing about my father. And you know nothing about me."

   "False", she replied. "I'm very well aware of what your father is. But you wouldn't want to hear any of this. But you're not like your father. I know not much about you, but this one I know. You, Draco Malfoy, are not like your father." She got on her feet and threw him a smile before she started walking away to her dorm. "And if you ever decide, that you don't want to deal with it all on your own, you know where to find me."

   Lynnea couldn't see his whole face, dark shadows lay over his eyes, so she didn't hesitate another second and left the common room. She just hoped, he would think about it. She hoped he'd do the right thing.

•••

   "That was a nice match, mate." Lynnea smirked down at her brother, secretly sighing in relief that he was okay. "How was that about the Potter kids and the hospital wing?"

   "I should give you a ban for this place here", Madame Pomfrey muttered grimly.

   "What happened?", Harry asked, raising his hand to touch the bandages on his head.

   "Cracked skull",  said Madam Pomfrey, bustling up and pushing him back against his pillows. "Nothing to worry about, I mended it at once, but I'm keeping you in overnight. You shouldn't overexert yourself for a few hours."

   "I don't want to stay here overnight", said Harry angrily, sitting up and throwing back his covers. "I want to find McLaggen and kill him."

   "I'm afraid that would come under the heading of 'overexertion'", said Madam Pomfrey, pushing him firmly back onto the bed and raising her wand in a threatening manner. "You will stay here until I discharge you, Potter, or I shall call the Headmaster."

   She bustled back into her office, and Harry sank back into his pillows, fuming.

   "Never mind, Lynn already got him", Ron cackled. "They released him just minutes before you woke up."

   "What have you done?", Harry asked me, cocking an eyebrow.

   "Just gave him my little interpretation of U-NO-POO", Lynnea smirked and shrugged. "Got two weeks detention from McGonagall for that."

   "Not to forget, she broke his nose", their ginger friend laughed.

   "Got me another week detention from Filch, because he had to remove the blood from the tapestry of Barnabas", she grinned widely. "Totally worth it."

   "That's amazing!", Ron cheered. "He's a gorilla, he could have ate you without chewing!" He threw me an admiring gaze and Lynnea smiled triumphantly.

   "Well, Ginny was here, she said you almost came too late", she said. "What happened?"

   "I saw Malfoy sneaking off with a couple of girls who didn't look like they wanted to be with him, and that's the second time he's made sure he isn't down on the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the school; he skipped the last match too, remember?", Harry sighed. "Wish I'd followed him now, the match was such a fiasco..."

   "Don't be stupid", said Ron sharply. "You couldn't have missed a Quidditch match just to follow Malfoy, you're the Captain!"

   "I want to know what he's up to," said Harry. "And don't tell me its all in my head, not after what I overheard between him and Snape -"

   He stopped and looked at Lynnea. "It's okay, I also know, he's up to something. He looks really ill these days and he's even grumpier than usual. But he won't tell me."

   "Because he's a Death Eater", said Harry.

Lynnea looked at her brother for a moment, before she replied. "Whatever he's up to, I presume he's not doing it voluntarily." Harry gave her a look of pure disbelief. "He's suffering, Harry. Don't look at me like that! I know you hate him, but there's something on his mind, something that's torturing him."

   "Poor boy", Ron muttered and she narrowed her eyes at him.

Bbb"As I already pointed out, I'm well aware you don't like him", Lynnea repeated, rolling her eyes. "But don't do something stupid!" And now her eyes met Harry's. "I know he's a prat and he hates you and won't hesitate to curse your arse, Harry. So don't threat him!"

   "It sounds like I'm the bad guy in this", Harry pouted. "He's obviously up to something and I want to catch him while doing so!"

   "You're an idiot, Harry." The girl shook her head. "But let's just leave that, I know you're obstinate." She cracked a smile. "I have to go, it's almost curfew. Try not to die during the night, okay guys?" She winked at them.

   "Same for you", Harry called after his sister and as she left the hospital wing, she could hear Ron saying: "Well, Fred's right. She's one hell of a girl."