Chapter 54: Weak

(Finley POV)

	I groan and turn over in the hospital bed after my parents AND the great Prince Marius himself cursed me out

I groan and turn over in the hospital bed after my parents AND the great Prince Marius himself cursed me out. Pulling up the hospital blanket as far up as it goes to hide from the white lights and the noise. I hate hospitals, they make me nauseous. 

"Fin?" 

I hear his voice and peek out from my comfortable position. Leitus stands at the door nervously, 

"Hey, come on over. Hopefully, you won't abandon me too." I sigh and he tilts his head a little then looks out into the hallway and closes the door behind him. 

"Funny, I don't think they abandoned you because they're still here. You just kicked them out." He says and comes up to the side of my bed.

 "Are you my voice of reason now?" I laugh but suddenly feel weak and clear my throat.

 "I'm whatever you need me to be," Lei leans over and kisses my forehead.

 I'm not going to lie, I kind of missed this one on one attention from someone who actually cares about you for more than sex. He hovers over me a little and pokes my cheek.

 "You need to put on the bracelet. Your body can't handle the power so it's using your life as reserves. Each minute you use it is a minute gone from your lifespan." My voice of reason speaks in a serious tone.

 "But what about you? If I put it on we won't be able to touch." I ask concerned. 

"I just got you, Lei. I don't want to lose you already." I sigh already knowing it was too late and I would probably lose him anyway.

 "You see your friends told me you were a complete asshole. But I'm having a hard time believing them because you constantly do this shit and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen." He smiles and I roll my eyes. 

"I am a pain in the ass sometimes. But only to my close friends." I groan and run my fingers through my sweaty mop of hair.

 "Am I not your close friend?" He asks and I look at him.

 "No, you're more than a close friend." I close my eyes again and feel his lips pressed against mine as he gently kisses me. 

"That's really sweet but you're still avoiding the matter at hand." he reminds me. I look down at the wooden box.

 "Don't worry about me. I can control my powers better than you." He says. "And if not, I have my own device." Lei wiggles the fingers on his right hand and I see the small black ring on his ring finger. He grabs the box and hands it to me. 

"Oh sure, Listen to your boyfriend but not your father." I look over to see Ashley standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. 

"Oh and I don't know what you did to your poor cousin but he's a mess right now." He adds in as a small jab and walks into the room without my permission.

 "I'll leave you two alone," Lei says politely and quickly backs away from me, walking out of the room. Papa sits down next to me and lays down beside me. 

We stare up at the ceiling together for a few moments in an awkward silence.

"He's cute,"

"Shut up,"

"Leitus huh?"

"Stop,"

"You're more like me than I thought,"

"Papa!"

"Stop hitting me! I'm an old man!"

"Stop comparing us then!"