Chapter 11: The Player

(Finley POV)

I stand on our balcony looking out to the lawns below, to the left there was a small park but our view was blocked by trees.

 What is this? Hogwarts or some shit? People can't see into the school and we can't see out? 

I shake my head and take a sip of coffee. I had already changed out of my hot leather jacket and into a red and navy plaid shirt. I push up my sunglasses and run my hands through my hair dark chestnut colored hair.

 Standing on this balcony made me feel like I was a king. 

"Hey you!"

 I look around for a minute then down to the ground below where a girl was waving to me. 

"You're really cute."

 What? Why was this peasant being so bold? Is that an England thing?

I look down and give her a wide smile.

 "And you're really weird,"

 I reply and she stops smiling.

 "Is that a thing here? Flirting with strangers on balconies?'" 

I ask and she shields her eyes from the sun while looking back up. 

"Only the attractive ones."

 She smiles and proceeds to walk away. I check her out from behind as she walks away then lean back against the french door. She was plain and certainly not my type. 

But maybe if I stay out here long enough I can reel in a good looking one. I did break up with my three separate girlfriends back at home for the international ladies. I hope they live up to the expectation. 

I feel my phone start to vibrate. 

It was AJ. 

Fuck.

 I roll my eyes as I answer the call from my brother, who's eleven years older than me.

 "What do you want?" I ask as a cute girl walks by and giggles when she looks up and sees me. I give her a charming smile. 

"God damn, I can't just casually check in on my little brother who's in another country?! And is that how you greet me?!" I wince as I pull the phone away from my ear while he yells at me. 

"I'm standing on my balcony trying to flirt with some French girls below. I'm alive and clearly doing well," I tell him and I can hear him groan. 

"Can you chill you inner fuck boy for at least fifteen minutes and talk to me. You're there to study, not mess around. We're all worried about you." 

He says and one of the girls looks up at me and blows a kiss.

 I'll take that one first. 

"I'm alive. Stop worrying about me AJ. I'm not a little kid you can keep in line anymore." I hang up on him and look down to see the girl still smiling. 

"Je serai là en une minute"

 I call down in French and quickly walk out of the room.