Chapter 36: The Heart Knows

Mari lays in bed curled up in my hoody and soaking in the warmth of the sun with his legs intertwined with mine

Mari lays in bed curled up in my hoody and soaking in the warmth of the sun with his legs intertwined with mine. I had class in an hour and he did too, but I wondered why he still wasn't awake. He shivers and I reach over and feel his forehead which was hot to the touch.

 "Mmm...Honey, you're hot," 

I grumble to partially myself and gently kiss his soft cheek. He stirs a little a coughs.

 "Ung, what time it is?" He says backward and sniffled. 

"Time for you to go back to bed. You probably shouldn't go to class like this." I tell him and he shakes his head.

 "I'm a doctor Hamie, I know my limits. I can do it!" He coughs out and sits up only to fall back onto the pillow. 

"Man down! Man Down! Quick call a doctor, I think I'm dying!" 

He giggles and I shake my head, covering him back up with blankets. 

"Do you want me to stay with you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

 "No, because if I'm sick, you're going to be sick too and you need all the days you can get. I'll be fine dear."

 He sniffles in a posh British accent and falls back to sleep while I pull over a t-shirt and jean jacket, rushing to class with only five minutes to spare.

In the middle of class, I get this weird feeling in my chest that made me want to throw up. With a half hour left of class, I try to keep up but the pain was too distracting. 

Holding my chest I excuse myself from class and walk out to the terrace to take in some fresh air, but it didn't help much. Sighing, I walk back to my dorm and clamber up the steps. 

Maybe seeing Mari would make me feel better. 

As I read the hall of the second floor I hear a loud bang. Thinking it's just the cleaning ladies, I keep walking.

 But I hear another bang and a scream which was highly unusual.

 And also coming from my room.