Precursor

~3rd Person POV~SEPTEMBER 2141

~3rd Person POV~
SEPTEMBER 2141

The young man stands alone at the gate 4B of Bridgeport International Airport. A little uneasy and nervous but refusing to show it, using the strong front he had managed to keep up for the past year. He checks his watch for the tenth time in the past few seconds. 

15 minutes until they start boarding.

He holds his phone to his ear as he listens to his father drill the same old speech into his head, 

"Finley, I'm Serious." His father repeats the same sentence he had been saying for the past few months. Finley rubs the bridge of his nose, angrily furrowing his eyebrows. 

"It was an accident dad. I don't know how many times I have to say it." He sighs. 

"Fin, there's no such thing as blowing up half your campus by Accident," His papa chimes in and Finley rolls his eyes while checking his watch again.

 "Papa, You're over exaggerating again, it wasn't half the campus. It was only two buildings," he says. His papa tries to go at it but luckily his father is quick to shut him up. 

"The point is, this is your chance to start over. Don't fuck it up internationally too. It took forever for your uncle to bail you out." His father adds.

 Finley groans at just the thought of his summer spent in prison. He let the entire family down and brought disgrace to the perfect Grayson family name. He just wanted everyone to move on already. 

"Flight 747 to England is boarding now!"

The flight attendant says and Finley breathes a sigh of relief, thankful for an excuse to end the call. 

"Alright. I gotta go. I'll text you when I get there." He hangs up quickly and rushes to board the flight which, after 15 hours of being stuck in the sky, would bring him to his fresh start in a different country where no one knew his name or his heritage.

At least, that's what he hoped.