Chapter 37

Qing Hua looked down at Bao Zheng. Bao Zheng's eyes were wide and his cheeks were tinged red.

"Qing Hua... what..." Bao Zheng started before Qing Hua slammed his mouth into his. Their tongues twisted feverishly with one another as sexual angst danced throughout their bodies. Qing Hua draped sloppy kisses down Bao Zheng's chin and neck. Bao Zheng let out a small moan as he was picked up and sat on the sink.

"Wait..." Bao Zheng said grabbing Qing Hua's hand that had drifted up his shirt. "I can't do this."

"Why?" Qing Hua growled.

Bao Zheng pushed Qing Hua away and climbed down from the sink. "I think we should get back," he said fixing his disheveled shirt.

"Bao Zheng!" Qing Hua exclaimed.

"I don't trust you," Bao Zheng screamed, "not anymore!"

He exited the bathroom, leaving Qing Hua alone. The inferno that Qing Hua felt in his stomach a moment ago, had gone completely cold. For the first time, he'd felt completely alone, abandoned and it was all his fault.

Qing Hua slammed his hand onto the sink.

"Fuck," he said as the realization hit him; he and Bao Zheng were really over.

Qing Hua heard the door open and a young man walked into the restroom. He looked at Qing Hua briefly and went into a stall.

Qing Hua left the bathroom and walked to the table. The three men were laughing as he approached.

"Hey Qing Hua, sit down," Mark said, motioning for Qing Hua to sit down. "Jiang Ru was telling us the funniest story." Qing Hua looked at Bao Zheng, who was averting his eyes from drifting in his direction.

"Hey, I forgot I had a meeting with a classmate for a project," Qing Hua said. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave."

"What? But it was just getting fun."

"I'll see you Mark, Jiang Ru... Professor," Qing Hua quickly dropped money on the table and took his leave before his cousin could protest.

Qing Hua drove back to this dorm. He opened the door to the dark room. He stared at Yan Tu's empty bed. Yan Tu hadn't slept at the dorm for at least three days. His bed remained disheveled and his backpack was still hanging on the dorm door.

Qing Hua said down on his bed and drafted a message.

Brother Qing Hua: Hey Yan Tu, where are you?

His phone rang; it was his mother.

"Hey mom," he said.

"Hey, how was dinner with your cousin?" She asked in her usual cheerful voice. She always happy when Mark and Qing Hua spent time together.

"It was fun," Qing Hua lied. "I had some homework to catch up on so I left early."

"Oh, well I am glad you had fun. Want to meet tomorrow for tea?"

Qing Hua's brows furrowed. "Mom I can't drive back to Hong Kong tomorrow."

"I'm in Shenzhen! I came up with your cousin!"

Oh fuck.

"I would love to have tea with you mom!" Qing Hua said. Though the relationship with his dad was strained, he always loved spending time with his mom. She was the only person he felt truly understood him.

"Great, I have a few errands in the morning but we can have a tea date tomorrow night."

"Okay mom, I can't wait to see you."