Chapter 21

"What?" Bao Zheng said looking at Qing Hua.

" I passed the midterm, you owe me a date." Qing Hua said in a snarky tone.

"This couldn't wait? I was in the middle of an important..."

"This is important, where do you want to go?" Qing Hua snapped.

Bao Zheng tensed, then sighed, defeated. "I'll let you decide."

Bao Zheng's phone began vibrating again. Bao Zheng could see Jiang Ru's name on the caller I.D. He reached for his phone but Qing Hua quickly placed it into his pocket.

"What are you doing?" Bao Zheng said. "Give it back."

"You want it back? You can get it back tonight." Qing Hua said retreating from Bao Zheng's desk.

"Tonight? I need that now."

"You need it? You left your phone at your house for a whole day, now you can't go without it for a few hours?" Qing Hua's brows furrowed. "Be ready at 7."

Bao Zheng nodded tiredly. "See you then." Qing Hua left the office. The room fell silent. Bao Zheng crossed his arms and slumped into his office chair.

Bao Zheng rubbed his temples and began answering emails and catching up on grading.

He watched the time carefully as it ticked away.Butterflies tickled his stomach. The phone was only an excuse. He hadn't been on a date in over a year, so to say he was nervous was an understatement.

Bao Zheng's heart palpitated and his hands perspired. If Qing Hua hadn't taken his phone he would have definitely tried to cancel the date.

Bao Zheng looked at the time on his computer screen, it was almost 5PM. He gazed down at his outfit. Definitely not appropriate for a date, even if it were one he was blackmailed into.

When he arrived home Bao Zheng went through his closet to search through his clothes. Bao Zheng threw countless shirts into the 'No' pile. The frustration created a knot in Bao Zheng's chest.

"How can I have nothing to wear?" Bao Zheng said throwing clothes across the floor. Finally among his clothes he was able to find a pair of skinny jeans and a vintage American band shirt.

He quickly took a shower and got ready. Seven o'clock approached quickly. Once Bao Zheng finished dressing he heard the doorbell ring to his apartment.

Bao Zheng went downstairs. Qing Hua stood next to a large luxury black sedan. He wore a tailored suit and his hair was gelled back. Bao Zheng had never seen Qing Hua so handsome.

Bao Zheng walked up to him. He could smell Qing Hua's expensive cologne as he approached.

"Wow, you look beautiful." Qing Hua said opening Bao Zheng's door.

"Thank you," Bao Zheng said, a red tinge painting his cheeks. In comparison to Qing Hua, he looked like peasant.

Qing Hua got into the car. "There's a great hot pot restaurant I want you to try." Qing Hua said.

Bao Zheng nodded.

They reached the small restaurant. Though it was a hot pot restaurant the outside was very extravagant. There were large cement dragons at the entrance and even a valet service at the door.

Unlike the outside, the inside was very homely and warm. There were beautiful Sakura tree paintings on the wall and classical music playing over loud speaker.

Qing Hua and Bao Zheng were seated at a table at the rear of the restaurant. The waiter placed a menu in front of both of them and left them alone.