Chapter 10

Bao Zheng sat at the small table in his office. He and Qing Hua had agreed to meet at 10 am this morning. He looked at the clock on the wall, it was almost 11 am. He could feel anger building up in his chest.

"Seems like I've been played again."He walked over to his desk and slammed the textbook down with a loud thud.

As he packed his things to leave a soft knock drew his eyes to the door. His eyes widened as the silhouette of a tall man through the frosted glass came into view.

"Come in," Bao Zheng said. Qing Hua walked into the office. Sweat drenched his shirt and forehead.

"Hi," he said taking a seat.

"I've been waiting for you for almost an hour. If you're not taking me seriously I don't think..." Bao Zheng started.

"Sorry, I had an emergency at home, I had to go back last night. I rushed back this morning." Qing Hua said. He fanned his shirt, attempting to dry some of the sweat.

"Is everything okay?" He asked walking over to Qing Hua.

"Yes, nothing to worry about." Qing Hua flashed a quick smile before taking out a notebook and pen. "Can we begin or do you have another appointment?"

"We can begin," Bao Zheng went to retrieve his textbook from his bag. As he made his way back to Qing Hua, he could see Qing Hua positioning his chair so that they would sit next to each other.

"What are you doing?" Bao Zheng stepped back defensively.

"I let a classmate borrow my textbook, so we'll have to share." He smiled.

"I'll check to see if I have an extra." Bao Zheng made his way to the built-in shelves. He searched feverishly for an extra textbook among his literature but his efforts were in vain.

"Do you have one?" Qing Hua asked. Bao Zheng turned around, shook his head and took his seat.

"Let's begin then," Bao Zheng said. Qing Hua nodded.

Qing Hua's arm laid on the back of his chair and his scent wafted around Bao Zheng. Every time he turned towards Qing Hua to speak, his gaze was already on him, making him feel uncomfortable. As Bao Zheng turned the pages of the textbook, occasionally Qing Hua's forearm would make contact with his back, making him shiver but he remained stiff. Everytime Qing Hua asked a question, he could smell the sweet scent of mint. Their mere closeness played with Bao Zheng's mind.

Finally, Bao Zheng looked up at the clock and it was past noon. His stomach served as the best reminder, as it growled ferociously.

"Ok, that'll be all for today Qing Hua." Bao Zheng said closing the textbook.

"Ok, thank you." Qing Hua finished up his notes and stuffed his notebook back into his backpack.

Bao Zheng sat back at his desk. Qing Hua stood and walked over to Bao Zheng.

"As a thank you, I'll treat you to lunch." Qing Hua said.

Bao Zheng glanced at him, disinterested. "It's not necessary. I'll see you next week."

Qing Hua didn't budge. "Come on, you didn't have to do this."

"I didn't? Really?" Bao Zheng said, his face growing serious. "So what was all the things you did to me for?" "

"Don't misunderstand. I didn't do it so that you would tutor me." Qing Hua chuckled.

Bao Zheng stared at him. "Well, either way I've already received my payment. You can leave." Bao Zheng's stomach growled. The rumble was so strong he almost felt that his desk started vibrating. By the look on Qing Hua's face he knew that he'd heard it too.

"So you're going to sit in your office hungry? You don't wanna see me that bad?" Qing Hua pressed both his arms onto Bao Zheng's desk and leaned over it. His polo sagged and Bao Zheng could make out the shape of his firm pectoral muscles.

"You know, we're alone, I can always make you go with me by doing what I did last time." Qing Hua spoke in a whisper.

"That's not funny." Bao Zheng began putting his materials into his bag. "Now, if you excuse me." Bao Zheng stood and walked over to the door. Qing Hua reached out and grabbed his wrist. He jerked around, coming face to face with him.

"Let go, Qing Hua."

"I'm not going to hurt you, I don't like being indebted to people. Don't think too much into it."

"No," Bao Zheng twisted his arm but Qing Hua's grip was strong. He pulled harder but it was of little use; the boy was stronger than him.

"Fine," Bao Zheng relented, as his wrist started to sting.

"Great, I have my car, let's go for a drive."

Author Notes

We finally get some alone time with the two main leads. Is it a blessing or curse in disguise? We'll see next chapter. Just a heads up, Chapter 11 is going to be VERY long, to make up for such a short Chapter 10. We need some loving pretty soon right?!

Just like with Qing Hua, I've attached a picture of what Bao Zheng looks like in the novel below.

Isn't he a little cutie? I want to seriously steal that jacket he has on though

Isn't he a little cutie? I want to seriously steal that jacket he has on though. Yet again, thank you to the readers who return chapter after chapter to continue to see the progression of the story. I really appreciate it. I do it for you guys! And welcome to those who may have just started the novel, I appreciate the support.

Until next time!