Chapter 27

Qing Hua placed the grocery bags into his car. This would be the first time he'd cooked for anyone but himself. There were so many firsts with Bao Zheng. Qing Hua slid into the driver seat and started up his car. As he changed the gear he could feel his phone vibrate in his pocket, he dug it out and saw Yan Tu's name on the screen. He sighed.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, what you doing?"

"Got plans. You need something?"

"Yeah.. Uhhh." From Yan Tu's nervous voice Qing Hua already knew what he was going to ask. "Did you get the answer key for next week's quiz?"

He slumped into his seat and leaned his head back. "No."

"Why not?"

"I haven't seen it."

"Come on man, we have to pass this quiz, you know how suspicious it'll be to fail this after getting perfect scores on the midterm?" Yan Tu sounded desperate.

"I'll call you later."

"Wait..."

Qing Hua disconnected the call. A pounding headache developed. A guilty pang knotted his stomach at the thought of betraying Bao Zheng, again.

His phone vibrated again. This time it was a text message from Bao Zheng.

Are you close? You're late.

Qing Hua smiled.

"So cute."

Qing Hua carried the grocery bags up to Bao Zheng's apartment. Bao Zheng's eyes widened at the amount of food Qing Hua brought.

"Why so many bags?" he asked with a soft chuckle as Qing Hua leaned over and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"I'm making my famous veal parmigiana." Qing Hua walked into the kitchen and dropped the grocery bags on the counter. He looked around the small apartment and noticed how clean the apartment was. "Did you clean?"

"Just a little."

Qing Hua took the ingredients out of the bag and prepared them to be cooked. Bao Zheng watched him in awe as he chopped vegetables and prepared the meat for cooking.

"I didn't know you could cook." Bao Zheng said taking a seat at the counter.

"There's still a lot you don't know about me huh?" Qing Hua retorted, flashing a charismatic grin.

"I guess."

The room was quiet as the sound of heated oil and frying filled the room. The meat's aroma began to waft throughout the apartment, the smell made Qing Hua's mouth water. He hadn't cooked for anyone before and though this was his favorite and best dish, he still took extra caution to ensure he didn't mess up. He could feel Bao Zheng's eyes on his back as he began sauteing the vegetables.

"If you're gonna stare, you could at least help out." Qing Hua said in a joking tone.

Bao Zheng stood. "Where am I needed?"

A flirty grin twisted Qing Hua's mouth. "Do you really want to know?"

"Stop thinking dirty. "

"Keep stirring these vegetables until they're golden brown." Qing Hua said. Bao Zheng walked up to the pan.

"Ok."

"Have you ever cooked with any of your exes before?" Qing Hua asked as he flipped the meat again.