Chapter 8

I am posting this chapter early as sort of a gift to my readers. This chapter has more interaction between the not-so-love birds Bao Zheng and Qing Hua. Enjoy!!

Bao Zheng made his way to the park. He really was a fan of old movies and was excited to watch what they would be playing tonight. He saw the entrance to the public park and walked inside. He looked around, the park was pretty full, with people laid out on blankets across the grass. He knew he was forgetting something, a blanket. This was an outdoor event after all.

"Bao Zheng?" A voice said from behind him.

Bao Zheng turned around and was face to face with Lee Jiang Ru, Professor Lee's son.

"How are you?" Bao Zheng asked extending his hand to him.

"Great, you came to this community event too?" Jiang Ru asked pulling up the sleeves to his sweater.

"Yeah, I heard about it and thought I'd check it out."

"Well it looks like we both came unprepared, considering everyone seems to have brought their own chairs or blankets," Jiang Ru said laughing. Bao Zheng laughed with him.

"When did you get back? Last I heard from Professor Lee you had business in Shanghai."

"I got back a few days ago. A co-worker of mine facilitated this so I thought I would come by." Bao Zheng nodded in agreement. "Shall we find a seat?"

Jiang Ru and Bao Zheng made their way through the maze of people, attempting to find a clear patch of grass to sit on.

"Professor Bao Zheng," Bao Zheng heard someone call. He turned around and saw Qing Hua waving one of his hands from a nearby blanket. Bao Zheng attempted to ignore him, but Jiang Ru took notice, "That young man is calling for you."

Bao Zheng forced a smile, "That's a student of mine."

"Well let's go say hello." They maneuvered through the chairs and made their way to Qing Hua and his friends.

"Hello Qing Hua, "Bao Zheng said.

"Hi Professor. This is?" He asked pointing at Jiang Ru.

"I'm Lee Jiang Ru, nice to meet you."

Qing Hua nodded coldly.

"If you guys need a place to sit, you can sit with us." He said moving closer to the girl sitting next to him.

"You don't have to Qing Hua, we'll find a place." Bao Zheng said.

"It's not inconvenient. This blanket is very large and there's only two more people coming so there will be more than enough room."

"Thank you," Jiang Ru said taking a seat at the end of the blanket. Bao Zheng gritted his teeth and took a seat between him and Qing Hua.

"Oh, let me introduce you. Professor Bao Zheng, this is Sandra, she's a classmate of mine, and this is my history professor."

"Nice to meet you, sir," the girl said nodding her head politely towards Bao Zheng and Jiang Ru. She was very petite, with short hair. Her face was caked with make-up, her neck two shades darker than her face. She wore a short skirt and low-cut blouse that accentuated her exposed cleavage. By Qing Hua's appearance, she was just the type of girl Bao Zheng would expect him to date. She leaned her body into Qing Hua, resting comfortably on his chest. Bao Zheng rolled his eyes.

So you feel me up Thursday and go on a date Friday huh?

"So Jiang Ru, what movie will they be playing tonight?" Bao Zheng asked.