Chapter 32

Hello All! It is good to be back. I had a great vacation, thanks for all the happy wishing! 

Here's the next chapter for your reading enjoyment.

Video above... is Bao Zheng's theme song this chapter hehe ;)  

*MATURE CONTENT- READER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Bao Zheng looked at the pack of beer and fried chicken on his coffee table. He just wanted the stresses of the week to disappear. Though he couldn't help but feel lonely looking at the alcohol. He picked up his cell phone and scrolled through his contacts for a drinking partner. Besides Jiang Ru, who was busy, none of Bao Zheng's friends lived anywhere near Shenzhen.

He huffed as his finger scrolled over Qing Hua's name. He pressed the call button. The phone rang and went to voicemail. Bao Zheng put the phone down and opened up the first can.

"Guess I'll drink alone." He said taking a large gulp. The rich aroma filled his nostrils as the familiar fizzle ran down his throat. This feeling made him miss the late-night drinking sessions with his friends in Beijing. The study sessions turned-dance parties as they munched on fried chicken and sang to old Chinese tunes. The memories of Zhen Hua performing new Western dances and his friend Pat attempting to hit all the high notes. Bao Zheng chuckled at his recollections.

He continued to gulp through the cans-one drink slowly became two drinks, then three. The room around him began to spin and before Bao Zheng realized, he'd reached his limit. The things that put him on edge all week- Qing Hua and their relationship, had all diminished in a matter of moments. He only felt solitude in his mind. He stood up, stumbling over the couch leg and landing on the floor with a thud. He rubbed his knee and tried to stand again.

As he fumbled to his feet, his phone rang. It was Qing Hua.

"Heyyyyyy." He said in a playful tone.

"Hey. Sorry I missed your call." Qing Hua's deep voice resonated through Bao Zheng's body. He started to sweat. A heat ignited in his lower half.

"What were you doing?"

"Studying."

"Oh. For the history exam?" Bao Zheng said in a high-pitched voice.

"Yes, among other things. Why did you call?"

"Oh, I wanted you to drink with me." Bao Zheng's words slurred.

"Sounds like you don't need any more drinks. Are you at a bar? I can bring you home."

"No. I'm at home. Spend time with me." Bao Zheng pouted.

"I can't. I have to study." Qing Hua said in his emotionless tone.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No." Qing Hua grew silent.

"Why won't you spend time with me?" Bao Zheng kicked his legs out, like a child having a tantrum.

Qing Hua sighed loudly. "Fine. I'll be over in twenty minutes."

A wide sloppy grin lit across Bao Zheng's face. "Okay."

The call disconnected. He looked around at the chicken and empty cans that littered his coffee table.

"I need to clean up." He said standing sluggishly.

He picked up the bucket of chicken and walked towards the kitchen, attempting to steady himself. He stumbled, spilling the bucket's contents all over his floor. He gasped.

"Shit!" He slowly bent down to pick up the pieces one by one, a task that must've taken 20 minutes because suddenly his doorbell rang. He jumped.