Chapter 25.

Few days later...

-Gale's pov-

Warmth intrigued me as I awoke that morning, Birds were chirping a soft melody while the fresh scent of pine was cackling inside a burning fireplace. As my eyes slowly creaked themselves open, only one of them was able to see the room I was in while the other was shrouded by darkness. It had occurred to me that we somehow managed to reach a town of some sort since this place wasn't like any of the rooms I stayed at back in the other village, then of course that place was probably burnt to ashes and probably the only thing remaining there would be half burnt boards and tons of kindling that could be used in fire pits. Glancing faintly in the enclosure around me, I notice that the room was a decent size. Almost like the size of a small corner inn back in the thief city. A fireplace was at a constant burn in the corner of the room while the walls were painted a deep shade of Umbra. Apparently we arrived somewhere but where?

*Creak!*

"GALE!" came a loud burst of joy, making my head feel slightly dizzy. I glanced upwards towards the sound of the voice to see William rushing towards my side, pacing himself towards me with sweat as if he just had a heart attack or just went for a five mile jog. "Glad to see that you've finally woken up!" He spoke as I embraced his arms wrapping themselves around me, Never have I seen him look so worried in his entire life. Then again I was the sibling who ran into a burning pit, got stabbed in the eye and almost get myself killed from blood loss so he did have a right to worry. "Where are we anyway?" I asked, my voice ending up groggy and weak like Conner when he would wake up in the morning.  "Well, we are in a small town just a little ways away from the faerie... well used to be Faerie village. You kind of passed out when we were just about to land so you probably don't remember much before then. " he answered with no hesitation before backing away, his smile slightly turning into a frown. "Thankfully some of the healer's here managed to get you patched up in time but... they said your eye was damaged really badly that it was almost impossible to fix so-" he continued before I cut him off, I knew where this was going but I think I didn't need to hear those last few words. So practically I was going to be half blind for the rest of my life, guess that meant I must make do with the last remaining piece of sight I had left. 

"I know where your going with that William, If it means being half blind for the rest of my life then I can accept that. It just means I have to be careful with the other one since this one probably looked like a bloody mess when you saw me." I spoke in a calming tone, slightly grazing the cloth bandage over my eye without tapping onto the wound by accident. "By the way, where is Conner and Cree?" I asked, noticing William was the only soul in the room right now with me. Before he could even answer, a voice came from the doorway... Not sounding like Cree or Conner but somebody new. Glancing towards the door, I noticed that a tall woman was standing there. Wearing a slightly scorched robe that used to be white like snow, while a few golden ribbons were tied around her arms. Behind her stood a few other hooded figures, keeping their hidden gaze straight towards me while the tall one started to approach both of us without any hesitation in her steps. William quickly stood to his feet while readying his hand against a small dagger tied to his belt as soon as she got close. "Please, I don't wish to harm either of you. I just wanted to talk." She spoke to break the silence echoing loudly in the room, raising her hand midway to stop him.

"About what?" William spoke sternly, making himself almost sound threatening which was understandable in his case. " If it's anything punishable about my sister than you'd best leave now. Lay a hand on her and I will shed some unessisary blood with my blade." He finished, holding his dagger unsheathed halfway while the metallic piece shined slightly from the lighting in the room. I know he's my brother and all that but doesn't he realize that he is being a bit overprotective? Like I manage to beat the facility's boss without any problems and yet he worries about me getting hurt? Sure I've got a few cuts and bruises here and there but seriously! "I just wanted to thank you both for what you did back there, you saved me and my people from those nasty guardsmen and the fire. Even if it did result our village burning into ruin, It should take us only a few days to get it back into shape with our magic." she spoke as she rested her hand downwards onto the edge of my bed, her eyes softening with patience burning at the rims. "If it isn't much to ask, who was that man that wanted to kill both of us?" 

"He is... well was our father, before the truth was revealed that we were stolen from our biological parents. He is a liar and a sneak who then handed me over to the facility... 12 years ago." I answered in a quiet tone, feeling my brother's warming hand place itself onto my shoulder in comfort. "Is it alright if I told them about your kingdom?" I asked mentally in a polite tone, only to reveal a very faint  "Yes" muttering throughout the silence echoing in my mind. "Not only that but he managed to make me into this monstrosity and take away the lives of so many innocent children. I wasn't the only one taken away that day, Many others came and one by one lost their lives except for me. The only one who survived all those dreadful experiments, He also caused the destruction of Olivia's kingdom... The siren kingdom." I spoke as I felt my gaze fall to my hands, almost visualizing a full image of Olivia's spirit trapped inside my body while her real one was caged away. By then, I could feel the multiple pairs of eyes falling onto me in both shock and horror. Never had they heard such a grim story from someone like me but to add the fact that I knew of the siren kingdom's downfall was something entirely else, usually nobody ever knows of the fantasy kingdoms since they were hidden from humanity let alone to know about one of the most powerful kingdoms ever is truly something quite remarkable. "Now that I know he was the one behind the murder of our mother along with our sibling Cree, I really wished that I could had snapped that bastard's neck in half." I finished before I felt my hands tightening into fists, cursing to myself that I could had killed him instead of healing him when I had the chance.

"I... I am so sorry! I didn't think that you had quite the terrible reputation with those terrible men! Those bastards, daring to be the ones who cleave the lives of so many innocent youth! Those guys won't see any mercy if they dare attack our village again!" The queen spoke with venom lurking like crocodiles in a swamp, her eyes almost turning as chilly as ice. Even if my gaze remained unturned, I could feel the anger starting to rise in my brother's heart since his grip on my shoulder started to tense up and tighten which was starting to become very uncomfortable. "WHAT! How did you know he murdered Mom?! Is that just another cheap tactic that dude told you about?" I felt my brother bark out in rage, feeling his grip grow so tight that it was almost suffocating my shoulder to its breaking point. I shook my head before answering his question. "Its not a lie because I have proof... Cree took me to see her in the spirit realm and trust me she had the same facial looks as you did and also had the same scratched up flower as we did except hers was on the side of her chest." I responded before gently removing his hand off my shoulder. Hopefully that would calm him down a bit but probably not enough for him to have another hissy fit. "If its alright to ask, I wanted to ask another question." The Queen spoke to change the subject. 

"Since you said you knew about the siren kingdom's destruction... did you happen to know about somebody named Olivia?"