Chapter 11.

-Later at the market- 

"Did you hear about what Raymond did to that winged child?"

"Yeah, I heard that they abandoned her way into the forest during the middle of the night without food or clothing."

"I heard that they decided to keep her locked away in one of the ware houses outside of the city."

"Either way, it serves her right for attacking Raymond. We rescued her and thats the way she repays us? It almost makes me wish that I could have done something too!"

It wasn't long before rumours about Gale spread about throughout the city, each one telling a different story on what Raymond did after he took her away. Some were said that she was badly injured from Raymond's wrath and left to die alone in the forest without any supplies, others were told that she ran away during the night after being told she wasn't wanted. Though it all, a lot of people saw it as a simple pat off the shoulder and took it as no big deal. However others took it severely and almost a mere insult for someone who was just defending themselves from total strangers that they had no clue about. 

And thats the exact way William took it.

"How dare do these people take my sister as a petty little pain in their backs? Are they that blind to see that she was only trying to defend herself? I bet they don't even realize about what types of hell she was put through. Knowing how she was treated back then, she had almost every single right to be hostile to Raymond and to everyone else! " William thought bitterly as he walked through the busy streets of the market, moving past endless vendors and traders without even taking a look back. "I bet that this world has a lot more worse people than my sister and if they saw that, they would probably be begging for forgiveness about calling her a threat or the devil or any other names!" He added as he turned his gaze over towards a caravan in the distance, the exact place he was looking for who would probably still allow him to buy things without paying and getting away with it.

Soon enough as he approached, the sound of a strong man's voice suddenly bellowed from beside the caravan. Nearly loud enough to wake the dead and everyone else for that matter. After the voice had slowly silenced itself, a more sophisticated voice soon spoke after in slight disappointment. "Raymond, I thought you said you were working on that irritating barbaric viking accent. If anyone outside this caravan were to overhear that last comment you just said, they would start to raise a panic. You had already got them into believing a petty little lie saying that you got rid of her, but if maybe you would notice that some people are starting to wear off from the lie and rumours are starting to spread!" 

"Ugh... look Sebastian, I know that you and Gale got off to a rocky start. All of us did, but she had almost every single right to be. Think, how would you feel being locked up in a prison where you have trust issues and were suddenly rescued by a whole city of thieves? If I was her, I would have retaliated just to defend myself." Raymond spoke in defence. "If you give her a second chance then you can probably see the greater good she has in her." He added before a loud thumping noise came from inside the caravan.

"The greater good? THE GREATER GOOD? The only greater good I see in that cursed child is that she is a hazard to this entire city! She has tried to escape not once but twice now and right now, I'm betting that she's planning on escaping right now even! " Sebastian spoke in anger, his voice turning from calm to a raging fire. Through the entire conversation, William was surprised... no even shocked that Sebastian would call her a cursed child. After what he did for her to end her life of misery back at the facility, it was quite a surprise that Sebastian would call his own sibling an enemy rather than a friend or ally.  Hearing enough of his sister being called a criminal or a dangerous hazard to the entire city, he bursted through the caravan a stern look on his face. Silencing the two arguing almost dead in their tracks.

"Oh! William! I didn't think you were going out today after our little chat. What brings you here?" Raymond was the first to speak through the silence while Sebastian eyed him with a glare, trying to pretend they hadn't said anything about his sister. William only rolled his eyes before his stern face turned tighter. "The only thing I had planned to do was buy some clothing, but I guess im also here for something else after I over heard you both talking smack about my sister, Gale." His eyes narrowing at that last sentence, nearly sending a paralyzing gaze towards the two. "Well, since we are on that subject. Care to explain to me why you defend her?" He directed finger towards Raymond "And why you are constantly refuring her to a demon even though you saved her?" His finger then directed itself towards Sebastian. "If I didn't know any better, if you dare try to pick on my sister even if one of you is leader. I will not show any mercy to either of you." He added as he strolled up towards the cashier with some leather clothing. 

" Well we both were just discussing on what to do with her. William, if it wasnt for her running into you that night then we would had never convinced her to come back that night. Plus her powers are highly uncontrolable, you probably had heard what happened at the plaza haven't you?" Raymond spoke in response. Sebastian was staring at both of them in shock of what he had witnessed hearing. " hold up, are you saying that de- er I mean child is your younger sister? The same one you lost 12 years ago?"

"Yes... we both bear the same flower marking around our ankles and she looks exactly as I remembered. Silvery white hair, slightly tanned skin and pretty much that elegant bright sky blue shade she has in those eyes. Well when she is calm or in this case neutral." William responded as memories of his sister constantly changing shades of her eye color at him when they are kids. Starting a bright shinning gold to dark sapphire blue to even a dazzling pink or purple, which always brought a smile to him even to the very day. "Always used to call you my little chameleon back then." he mumbled under his breath as a small silent tear slid down his cheek in a slight smile.

Although through all the colors she would show in her eyes, their was always one color that stumped him though and he would only be able to see it whenever Gale would be looking outside for long endless hours.

Silver... Silver shaded eyes...

"William? Something bothering you?" Raymonds sudden voice soon snapped him free of his train of thought, he turned his gaze towards Raymond who had worried expression written across his face. William just shook his head and left the caravan without another single word spoken. Shortly afterwards when he arrived later at his house, he noticed a note hanging swiftly on the door frame by a flimsy piece of tape.

"Dear William

Gale and I have gone out to the Forest just for her to get some fresh air, something seems to be bothering her and she wouldn't explain me the rest till we'd leave. I know that the streets are quite dangerous for someone who has a fever and is known for a runaway, but she said that some things she wishes to tell us are quite personal for her to handle and doesn't wish for any public to know about.

-Sincerely-  Conner

P.s if you plan on looking for us, we are planning to stay by the stream where you and Gale first saw each other."