Chapter 1.

"GET UP!" I heard my guard shout at me through the cell bars, the cold rusting steel restraining him from moving further inside of the room. Snapping me out of my train of thought. I glanced towards him with weary eyes as I slowly yawned myself awake. "The prison guards are going to be here in a few minutes to open your cell. I'd suggest being on your best behaviour brat or your going to be getting quite the hell of a beating from them." He spoke as he glanced at my disordered figure slumping against the aging white wall. I just ignored him before rolling onto my side, hoping I could still get a few more moments before the guards would take me away again. The only thing I got from that was a loud gunshot that echoed throughout the entire hallway.

"GET UP RIGHT NOW YOU LITTLE BRAT! UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO SHOOT OFF YOUR PRETTY LITTLE WINGS TOO!" He barked at me with a heavy tone, enough to wake the dead or pretty much anyone near my cell in that matter. Yawning once more, I slowly stood to my feet as my pale whitish skin touched against the cold hard stone floor. My dirty withered rag dress dropping towards my kneecaps while the large patch tag swayed slightly from the sudden movement, The tag reading "SUBJECT NO# 4891 In bold black sewn letters. Below it had my name sewn in tinier letters "Gale Rose". Yep, that was my name that was given to me since birth. "Gale Rose." Not exactly a cool name or a sufficient one either that would really stand out. To be honest, it sounded like a dull name for a kid that could barely live.

If you must ask about the wings, Lets just say they weren't exactly a temporary thing to have. After what felt like had to be their 200th experiment on me, those wings shrouded up from my back. Leaving me to have a permeant scar to bear upon my back while the Scientists would be cheering and calling the experiment a "success" or "A step closer to completion" Whatever that meant. In fact, after they finished that experiment, they only allowed me off my chains for a few minutes to rest before they shoved them back on again. Ever since that time, I had been kept monitored 24/7 to see if I would act unnatural from the experiments effects.

"HURRY IT UP IN THERE YOU BRAT! THE LAST THING WE NEED IS TO FORCE YOU TO STAY AWAKE DURING EVERY EXPERIMENT!" The guard barked at me once more as I stretched my arms behind my back, each one giving off a slight crackling noise whenever they reached a certain point. For once I wished to have one day... just one day where nobody would have to bring me in for dangerous tests and experiments where my life was on the line and that I could die from the effects of each different procedure at any mere moment, It was lucky enough that I managed to survive all the experiments they've done this far. Moving quietly, I headed towards the front of my cell. Hearing the heavy metal bars clanking and clunking as they revolved towards the rough bricked wall above me head. 

As I felt the door free me from its treacherous glut, I felt a slight gush of cooling wind blow against my eyelids. Making me squint a little from the sudden contact. I heard the guard mutter a few words underneath his breath but I did not care to listen to them. If there was one thing I had learned from being trapped in this god-forsaken facility, It was the fact that most of the things people say to you are just little things that try to make the person who says them stronger and more high classed then you are. I then felt the guards rough hand shove me forward before the door behind me slammed closed with a loud *CLANG*, afterwards we started to walk forwards towards the main hall or as most called it "The hallway to hell" due to the fact that most of the kids and teenagers that have walked down this hall never came back alive.

The facility was built some time ago back during the middle of World War lll, everyone was dying almost every single day and the cycle had repeated on and on again each day. Every single day, kids and young teenagers who had lost or got separated from their parents during the war would come by the facility to be kept inside of cages and await for their turns to be tested on by scientists who were trying to perfect this special serum that would allow the human body to change forms and its natural state and become bio-mechanical weapons for the war. However, this serum was a very uniquely designed one and quite rather different then all the other serums that had been originally created in this lab. This one was created out of very dangerous substances that were rather fatal to man or animals. Of course they knew that just that serum alone would be lethal to anybody so instead of rushing it up and centre, they would create these "Protection" Serums which would allow the body to be immune to the affects of the main one. The only unfortunate thing was that most of the kids would barely be able to survive this stage so almost every single time a child would enter those labs, a man would come out carrying a large withered sack that would hold the dead child inside. It would always pain me to see these horrible people doing all these things to such innocents who could have made a future for us without all this war... all this hate... and all this greed.

"I almost feel sorry for these pathetic whelps that are behind these caged cells, having to be the live test subjects for this excuse of a laboratory where they try to perfect the impossible. If only these sorry looking kids would only stay strong enough to last through the procedures." I heard the guard speak as we walked down the hallway, the hallways covered with fresh coats of white paint while large rooms were embedded against the walls close towards the floor. In some of the rooms held Children that looked the ages 5 to 10 years old while a few others held a few teenagers that were roughly close to my age in looks, the rest however were empty without any residences. At first as I strolled by, only a few of the kids would look at me. Some of them muttering things within one another which began to attract more and more kids towards the winged girl strolling pass them in the hallway. I would often overhear the mutter's some of the kids would say, some kind ones... but mostly all negative ones or pleas for help.

"Who is she?"

"Why does she have those wings?"

"Never seen her around before..."

"Is she one of the survivors that manage to succeed in that experiment?"

"Is she the reason why we are all trapped here?"

That last comment stung me deeply like a knife digging through my chest. As much as to anyones guess, nobody isn't sure about why they were trapped here in the first place. Nobody knows what they do here in this facility and the dark secrets it holds, If anyone did find out eventually it would have been already too late for them since they were probably next to be on this reaping chopping block. Out of all the kids that survive in this facility, I'm the only one who had made it past all the tests, all the experiments, Everything. Which is not the only reason why my cell was rather differentially designed than the rest. 

"Alright runt, we are here now. Now no screwing up on this or else everything we worked up to will be for nothing. We will be placed back to square one." The guard spoke as we approached the other end of the hallway, leading towards a dark grey steel door that was labeled "intermideate expirementaition labs." in indented letters against a gold plate. My guard then strolled towards a rather tall device with a built in speaker beside the door, hitting a button before saying "she's here." In a more moderate tone. The door then swung open to reveal a large room filled with laboratory equipment sitting on wheeled tables while small cupboards were embedded against the sides of the walls. Straight ahead stood a large brick divider that lead to another room connected to it with a thick piece of glass to view the room from a distance. A few of the scientists were there along with a few nurses who were calculating devices that were probably built to control the divided room in both temperature and other things.

"Alright, I believe this is the 15th test we've done this month with her so I don't believe anything should go wrong since she's managed to survive all the others from the previous months." A scientist spoke as they approached us, his white lab coat swaying from the movement he made. In his hand held a clipboard with a group of papers papercliped together while they were still in place with a steady grip. He then brought us towards a door that led to the other room which he then scanned with a hidden keycard he had pulled from his pocket.

That's when I suddenly became really scared of what they had in store for me...