Chapter 5.

- The next morning-

I slowly opened my eyes to the bright daylight that cracked through the small window beside me, allowing the white blinding light to adjust my eyes.  A slightly warm but yet cool breeze drifted through the ajared cracks of the window, sending a minor shiver down my spine. Glancing towards the large strip of glass, I noticed a thin layer of frost creeping through the outer layer. Small pale whitish buildings stood in the distance while the sky was shining a bright sky blue hue, allowing a calming feeling to heave from my chest.

"It looks like you've finally were able to rest easy last night." A voice suddenly echoed from the opposing side of the room, I quickly glanced towards the voice to see a tall man wearing a black leather tunic and pants standing in front of a door, holding a small tray in his hands. "After what you've been through these past 2 days, I wouldn't blame you for feeling that way." He spoke briefly as he walked calmly towards me, his long fur like cape nearly grazing against the wooden floor. Shortly afterwards he placed the tray on a small low bench beside the bed and sat down on a chair beside across from it. "So... Do you got a name sweetheart?" He asked in a polite tone.

"Gale... my name is Gale Rose." I responded without even thinking first. " and you are?" I asked him cautiously, Eying him almost like one of those scanning machines that they used to scan me with back at the facility. The man looked quite skinny to be a Leader. Sure he did have some good well oiled muscles in places he should have, but something about him intrigued me a little bit. Something that only he knew about me than anyone. The man gave me a supisous look first before he finally responded. "My name is Raymond... Leader of the thieves in this city. Also the one that heard you pleading for help when you went out of control." That's when I felt a wave of guilt punch me straight in the face. It all then clicked back to me, the fight at that plaza, the archers trying to shoot at me, even the man who body-dunked me against the ground.

"I also do apologize about my healers stabbing you in the leg with a tipped arrowhead. It was the only way to get you to calm down and did eventually made you pass out from the heavy amount of Valerian root they pasted on the arrow. " he spoke as he directed his finger towards my left leg which was covered in a large white cloth bandage, revealing a slightly darkened blotch that was probably where the cut was. I tried to move it slightly before it started to send fiery waves of pain which made me hiss in agony. "Yeah, I wouldn't suggest moving it a lot since the healers had to make the cut deep so the Valerian root could take affect. Give it a few days rest and you should be able to put some pressure onto it." Raymond added before taking what appeared to be a tall teapot from the tray and poured it into a small mug. "Here drink this, it should help you regain some of your energy." He handed it to me in a gesture of kindness. I smiled at him as a way of saying thank you before sipping away at the liquid poured inside the mug. It's taste rather sweet and slightly bitter at the same time while it's pale golden hue shined slightly against the sides of the mug.

_______________________________________

Meanwhile at a tavern near the outskirts of the city...

-Unknown pov-

"Here you go sir, one fine glass of low alcoholic whisky with no ice. Enjoy." The bartender spoke kindly as he swayed a open filled drink glass towards me, the brownish golden liquid moving back and fourth from sudden movement while a few ice cubes knocked against each other and the glass retainer surrounding the entire drink. I caught it easily without much movement and brought it up to my lips to allow the spicy drink slide down my throat. Shortly afterwards, I placed the half drunken drink back onto the wooden boards with a sigh before giving my thanks to the bartender. He then nodded with a calm smile before strolling away with a slight groove in his step, making me remind myself how much "she" loved to dance on a good moment.

" So did you hear about what happened to the core yesterday?" My fellow partner in crime, Conner, asked me as he stared down at his drink. "Something about a winged girl fighting against the boss and almost everyone witnessing it first class?" He added. First class fight at the core with something that's not a thief? Now that's some news you don't get to know about everyday. In fact, barely any good news gets by in this city. It was all pretty much advertising for rumors that some idiot managed to slip up. I wonder if my sister would have known about anything on a winged girl inside that governmental facility way up in the mountains, if she did remain alive that is after all these years. 

"Yeah, when the raiding team managed to snag her away from those facility nogooders. She turned rouge and started to attack Raymond and the healing teams he had brought with him. Most people say that it took Raymond quite some time to tame her and at least get her to cooperate with us, after that nobody knows where he's taken her to. It's starting to make people to feel uneasy and doubtful about this city's safety... more likely on the fact that this girl could be anywhere and the fact that she might cause a lot of damage from sudden outbursts like the one at the core. " Conner explained before taking a sip of his whiskey, the liquids quickly descending away from the glass and into his mouth. " I wonder what Raymond plans on doing with her now that he has most of his people in quite the state of alarm."

" Intresting, Did you happen to catch any physical traits about this winged girl by any chance?" I asked as my curiosity was intrigued more by his story, if he had any traits about this girl then It could mean that... no... no it is impossible for that to happen. No way whatsoever.

Conner however thought silently for a mere moment before he responded. " Yes, They say that the girl had skin almost as pale as snow with long hair that is as shiny as silver. She's quite tall for a girl her age and doesn't really speak much." Wait... a girl with silver hair? That... that cannot be... no it couldn't be. It couldn't be by chance that she... managed to survive in that horrible place for the last 12 years! If that winged girl is by any chance my sibling, I had to see it for myself. But I would have to get past Raymond first and knowing him that he gets super protective of anything that is very special to him so it would be quite difficult to get to her without him getting in the way.

"Bro? You ok? You look a little on edge after what I just told you about that winged child. Did i say something wrong?" Conner asked me, snapping me out of my train of thought. I glanced down towards my glass to see that the ice cubes were half melted already.

" no, it's just... a very long time ago, I had a sibling... a sister who's hair was silver as a shiny steel blade." I answered.We weren't really that close but I was very protective of my sister and wanted to make sure she would never inhabit harm and have it stain her like blood on a cloth for the rest of her life. But then... Shortly after she had just turned 4, our parents had given her to a organization group who were disguised as a medical study group who wanted to do a simple test on her. Ever since that day, we waited for her to come back and after a week my parents went to go find her. But after a few days of them being gone... I had received a message in the mailed declaring that my parents... our parents were dead since both of them had gotten shot during the time when they went to the facility. After that day... I ran away from home and that's when Raymond found me and helped me become this." I explained as I clenched my fist tightly in a fierce grip. "I would have done anything just to get her back! If I could go back in time to prevent it then I would have taken that chance! Now I'm just a lowly thief that has to bare the fact that my whole family died because of that wretched facility and their reasons to take my sister away!" 

"If I may be so bold enough to ask." Conner spoke in attempt to comfort me. " What was your sister's name?" He asked, now that was a question I could always answer since her name had always stuck to my mind like glue.

"Her name was Gale... Gale Rose"