Chapter 12.

-meanwhile at the stream-

-Gale's pov-

"Ok Gale, are you kind enough to explain to me why we are even out this far into the forest?" Conner asked me as we were walking through the endless rows of shady pines, glancing around for anyone who may be watching them from above. "I hope you do realize that the day patrols are out and I don't think they will take kindly to your presence if they see you with me, let alone allowing you to live when they were told the same lie saying that you left the city and never planned on returning." He added before the stream came into sight by the horizon, usually the patrols never head towards the stream during the daytime since nothing sneaky would usually want to travel through the day unless they wanted to be seen by the patrols over miles away. " There are some things that I only wish to say in front of people I can trust, You and William are the only ones who can keep secrets about me. If Raymond were to find out about what I am about to show you and tell you, then he would surely have me killed for not knowing sooner." I responded as I kept my chilling gaze foward to look where Olivia may be hiding ahead.

"Really? what kind of secrets?" He questioned kindly, almost hoping to know about the dark things I had secretly known about myself for quite some time. I only sighed silently before stopping suddenly, noticing that the stream was only a few steps away from us. Taking a few steps back, I extended my wings and folded the one with the injury around me.  "Well, William probably never told you but both of us share some very rare abilities and traits that aren't exactly normal for a human being. You could almost say that we are kind of supernatural human beings." I started to explain as I carefully brushed my fingers against the open cut, feeling a slight tingling sensation when they came into contact. "One of which is having the ability to heal any physical wound I touch and allow them to become scars. Which is why none of the thieves saw any physical injuries on me, they saw only scars and easily assumed that they had healed from overtime."

After the strange feeling stopped, I carefully lifted my hand with ease to reveal a perfectly healed scar with a few pale white feathers starting to grow back in to cover the original cut mark. "Its been quite handy for me to hide the physical aspects of the pain I endured back in the facility but it was quite hard to hide it emotionally." I added as I folded my wings back before doing the same thing on my leg, healing it almost within mere seconds.

"Gale... that's... that's amazing! Does William know that one of your abilities is being able to use healing magic? " Conner asked in amazement,  his face almost in a bewildered state. It almost made me snicker at him at first glance. "No... I didn't know that I had healing abilities until I had been tested only a few times. The only one he knew about was a already discovered ability. That being able to reveal any emotions I had using only my eyes. The pupils can change shades depending on what mood I feel." I responded before glancing out towards the stream to see nothing but the calm sounds of nature echoing around the entire patch of woods.

"Incredible... no wonder why your eyes changed color when you fought against Raymond and had all those scars without any proof of injury. " Conner spoke before opening up a canister filled with a slightly rotting stench of alcohol, seeing the small round end piece shining a golden colour. Probably whisky in that canister. It started to make me wonder if William drinks whisky or any other sort of alcohol in that case. "Its starting to make me wonder what kind of abilities your brother has, he never told me about any special abilities like yours." He added before he glanced at the half frozen water below him.

"Williams powers were not always considered a stroke of luck at times since most of the times it had gotten us into trouble with our father. However he did use it most of the time whenever the neighborhood kids would always pick on us. Besides that ability, he does know how to seal mine away for any amount of time he wishes to. It was quite amazing how quickly he managed to master it at his age, he manage to figure the tricks to it by the age of four, He never used it on me that much though, only whenever it was needed." I spoke as flashbacks began to flicker through my mind like fireflies, Each one revealing a small amount of time he would practice or use his sealing technique on me. "Man, So he has the power of-" He began to speak before I cut him off. "Misfortune? Yes, and its not some simple misfortune like those "step a crack, break your mama's back" kind of misfortune. Its the full straight on misfortune which can sometimes be fatal." 

Silence...

"Hey Conner? Can I ask you one final favour to keep secret? I know I had already told you so many and that most of them are hard to process but I will not tell you if you don't want to know." I asked kindly before turning my gaze towards the stream to see a foggy faded creature sitting across the other side, its soulless blue gaze staring straight into mine.  It looks like Olivia kept her word and came out to show me the true power of a siren queen, the very power she had been hiding with while remaining confined inside my very being. Stepping forward, the creature glanced at Conner before turning back towards me with a questioned look. I only nodded with disapproved eyes before the creature slowly got onto all fours and walked towards me in mere silence, it then stopped as soon as it came onto the other side of the stream. Kneeling down to its height, it then only whispered a few mere words in almost a question.

"Please promise me to use this carefully."

Within those few mere words, I silently nodded my head before the creature layed one of its foggy white paws onto my chest. Feeling only like a small mere breeze pressing itself against my leather pull over. Almost as soon as it came into contact, everything around me felt like it was fading away from existence except for the small patch of ground surrounding the two of us like it was engulfed completely in white fire. As the fire continued to drown out the color, I noticed that I felt slightly hot almost as if a sudden fever had stabbed me all over at once. I checked just to be sure that I wasn't catching cold again when something quite soft and furry came into contact. Looking down towards it lead to something even more shocking, my hand was no longer had its human like features.

It was a paw, a beautiful dark purple paw had replaced the normal formality of the hand.

Glancing towards the other one, it had the same features as the one before and so did my feet. Each one a beautiful twilight purple paw with small white circular patches near the ankle, glittering almost like a stars on cloudless night. The claws that poked through the fur were so finely curved and jet black as raw onyx's freshly dug up from the ground. Was this the true power of a siren queen? To be able to refine their own shape and change into any creature they desired? Or was it only if their powers were fused with the soul of another being and leech off their energy line to suppress their own?  In any case, it didn't matter much to me anymore. If fate had dealt the hand that meant I would have the spirit of someone trapped inside my mind for eternity then so be it.

Once the cold had been fully engulfed by warmth, I felt the weird aura around us slowly starting to fade back into the fabled reality I had been pursued to live with. Everything slowly started to haze slightly like a sudden shot of vertigo before returning back to normal. The trees began to shadow out the light once again and in a mere blink of an eye, I was back in the forest. Olivia was no longer in front of me and Conner had oddly disappeared out of sight. Was I now in a world of illusion? Or was this reality and Conner had fled because of what I had become...

A monster...