Chapter 21.

-Gale's pov.-

"You know for someone who has never really met their mother and all. You actually held suprisngly well back there." Cree spoke as she was still sitting in place beside me, holding one hand firmly on top of mine while glancing outwards. It was still hard to believe that my mother was gone, dead and remaining a spirit trapped in a cage for all eternity. To my own suprise I didn't feel heartbroken or felt any sympathy whatsoever for her, just slight bits of shocking wearing down my face. It did make me curious though to know why she was forced to do all those things just to protect us, It was as if she didn't have any choice to do any of it or work out another way. On the bright side though, at least I now had a brother and a sister who I could love with all my heart. Unlike mom who was forced to abandon us while father decided to ship me off to that dreaded facility where the only things that come out besides scientists and doctors were the spirits of dead children who were burned after they died.

*Creak!*

Almost without any warning, the door itself had creaked open with haste. The heavy oak wood boards sweeping past the floor while casting shadows from within it's movement, Revealing one of the hooded figures who had talked to me earlier about what had happened to Cree and I that caused them to find us on their shoreline. He must have seen Cree sitting beside me because the next thing he did was slowly closing the door as if he felt like he had interrupted our conversation, which he didn't in honest respect. "Oh I'm sorry, did i interrupt you ladies? I didn't mean to burst in so suddenly." He apologized as he began to leave, only to be stopped by my voice. "No, it's alright. Come on in, surely you came to ask us something." I calmly spoke, feeling Cree growing a little unsteady in their presence. I guess that she wasn't exactly treated kindly after throwing all those knives at her along with having her gear taken away for inspection or who knows what. The hooded man then strolled over towards us in a orderly fashion, closing the door behind him without even lifting a single finger which immediately meant that these guys were humans or anything of the ordinary. These guys were now clearly the abnormal, races that were mostly considered myths and legends. "Her majesty wishes to meet the two of you. Ever since she had heard of your awakening, she has been anxious to know about what kind of story you both have to tell."

Now that really made Cree uneasy, it was almost unmistakeable to sense fear radiating from her uneasy heart. She was probably worried about what the queen would do to her if she had found about her lashing out at her people, also the punishment that she may receive from that mere incident. Even if they did help us out, there was no way I was going to let them dare lay even a single finger on my sister. Let alone punish her for just trying to defend herself from people that she thought were threats to her. Allowing my hand to hold onto hers, I tried to make her feel a little more at ease. Making her know that I wouldn't allow anything to happen to her. Cree then glanced at me then directing her eyes towards my foot. "You sure you'll be able to walk with your injury?" She asked politely, trying to erase that fear from her eyes. I silently nodded. "Well we can't keep royalty waiting can we? let's go-"

*SHRIEK!*

There, almost within that mere moment of that high pitched shriek of terror did I realize that wherever I went, they'd find me. Just when I believed I had advantage of being able to misdirect them into getting lost, they would almost immediately find me as if I was just some sort of cat and mouse game to them. Me being the mouse while the guards being the cat... well cats. It was almost as if they physically knew the direction I be running to without even having to watch me in a birds eye view. As we rushed towards the window, all we could see was gold... endless lines of gold red and dark orange streaking violently throughout the village while people scream and ran and cried out in horror. Throughout the flames, I noticed a few odd looking people that don't even look scared of the wildfire's deadly flames. In all respect, I could almost see smiles grinning across their faces as they watched all of them panicking throughout the entire area as if they like watching innocents get killed. Unless they were... oh no, thats not good. how did they find me?

"Um Gale... please tell me those guys are not what I think they are." Cree spoke before I finished her sentence.

"Facility guards! How in the world did they find me? its not like they managed to shoot me with a track- Wait a second... Cree, undo my bandage!"

"But your injury-"

"JUST DO IT!"

Right after that conversational feedback, Cree quickly went to unwrap the bandage covering my injury. If they were tracking me with what I think it was, then we were never ever going to be safe at all. I knew the facility had used tracking chips whenever they did out door testing with the children who could make it past the first few experimentations but usually that was the only time they used them, just in case one of them would try to run away like I did a few times. As soon as she finished unwrapping it, there... hiding within the small gash that I manage to make from my fall held a small micro metallic chip attached near the surface of the cut. Making a slight beep with its flashing red light. "Um... Gale? What is that?" Cree asked as she almost gasped in shock from the device, almost without any hesitation ripping the chip out of the cut. Crushing it with a single pinch. So that's what they shot me with, the nerve of those guards to do such things.

"That would be a tracking chip Cree, that was how they managed to track me. I must have gotten shot with it when I made that leap of faith off the falls, you probably wouldn't remember any of it cause you were unconscious at the time but it wasn't like I had any options when they had me cornered. But now that the chip is crushed, nobody would be able to find me now and neither will they find you. However they might shoot me again if I get to close when I plan to attack." I explained before dashing out the room, wincing through the pain that my cut wavered off. Once I got far enough away from the room and towards the doors, I quickly placed my hand over the wound... healing it in a matter of seconds. Not exactly my best work but it would have to do for now.

"It about time you ditched those guys, even if one of them is your sister. So what's the plan?" I heard Olivia echo throughout my mind, feeling slight waves if anger and worry flashing throughout my body like raindrops battering against my skin. "The plan is short and simple Olivia, defend this village and make sure everyone evacuates safely. But I'm going to need your assistance, you think you can transform me into wolf form?" I spoke back as I grabbed a hold of the door knob, swinging it open as if it was nothing but a mere tree branch in the way.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask me that question! Let's rumble!" She spoke before a faint light came from within my body, feeling my bones shift and move around together to form into a wolves skeleton. Sure it was painful at the start but this was no time for crying or complaining, right now I had to save this village and it's people from mass destruction and stopping any innocents from getting themselves killed like Olivias kingdom did. There was no way history was going to repeat itself for this town. Not then... Not ever!

As soon as my form was complete, I leaped away from the hut and charged in to flaming battlefield.