Chapter 9.

-William's pov-

"Welp... That could have been worse..." Conner spoke as he closed the door shut behind him as soon as Raymond left, the wall surrounding it making a slight rattle from the heavy vibration. "On the bright side, at least Gale gets to stay with us! How great will that be to have a extra roomie! He nearly jumped with joy as if someone had just turned his happy mode on. While all that happened, I turned my glance over towards Gale and quite surprisingly she took things quite smoothly than I had believed she would... maybe even too well. 

"Hey sis?" I tried to grab her attention. "What do you think about all this?" I asked, my only response from her was nothing but pure silence. Staring out into space as if she was completely lost in thought or in a slight trance of some sort. Suddenly, she must have realize the silence that was echoing throughout the room and asked "Im sorry William, what were we talking about?" in a polite tone. Not daring to turn her gaze towards me. I thought maybe she was still trying to shake off that nightmare, but I wasn't planning to take any chances. "Gale? Is something wrong? you seem a little off..."

"No, its fine. I was just lost in thoug-" 

"GALE!"

Right then, before my very own eyes along with Conners. Gale had suddenly passed out onto the floor, her hand losing grip of mine and immediately fell against the wooden floorboards with a loud *Thud*. At first I thought it just from the lack of sleep from all the previous events that had happened plus the nightmare, but when I looked closer at her. I noticed that she looked a lot paler than normal and her head was quite warm to the touch. Poor thing...

"Conner, get me a bowl of water and a washcloth or something close relevant to that. I think Gale is coming down with a bit of the fever." I spoke immediately to my partner and he almost understood instantly of the situation. He quickly then dashed off before I carefully scooped Gale up into my arms.

_______________________________________

-Gale's pov-

I glanced out into the darkness around me, noticing that I was floating in complete nothingness as if I was a spirit casted into non-existence. Was this a dream? or was it reality? I had no clue anymore. The nightmares of the horrid past had started to become more and more fluent whenever I slept, from reliving a once happy childhood before anything had happened to being reminded of the torture that I had endured from the facility. Strangely enough, almost every single time the nightmare would come. There would be a stranger who would just stare at me as I suffered through each tragedy. His shape and figure would look a lot like William's, but his face would be bare. Stripped of its emotions and remain blank and empty as if it never really knew or cared of watching me grieve in such agony. 

Looking around, I suddenly noticed a shady figure standing in the darkness a little ways away from me. It's back turned against me and just gazing out into the endless black void ahead of him. From mere glimpses, he appeared to wear a long dusty grey hoodie with black rugged looking jeans. His hair was jet black and quite scruffy looking as if he never had his hair brushed in millennia. He turned his head slightly towards me before he spoke "So, you finally showed up... Olivia does not like to be kept waiting..." in a rather irritated tone. Olivia? Who the heck is Olivia? More on the subject, who the heck is this guy?

"Well? Are you just gonna keep floating in space forever or are you going to follow me to meet Olivia?" The man spoke again, this time he appeared right in front of my face. Man, had this guy never learned the meaning of manners? It would probably make his job a lot easier if he would use the words "please" and "Thank you" and would cause him to be much nicer too.

Moving quickly, I quickly tried to get closer towards him before gravity started to take affect and before I even realize it. I ended up landing face first onto the ground. The guy shot me a peculiar look before tugging his hood further below his eyes. "Pitiful... did Olivia really choose this girl to be the savior of this world? She must have been out of her mind to choose you as her successor." He mumbled loudly under his breath. "Come on, just follow me and I'll take you to Olivia." He spoke before extending his hand out to me in attempt to be nicer. Successor? Hold on, what in the world is this guy talking about? Me being a savior of this world? Questions were whirling through my mind like leaves dancing in a strong breeze.

Almost within instant, I grabbed his hand and was immediately pulled up by incredible force. Afterwards, he waved his hand into the air and within an instant flash of bright light... A large circle of candles surrounded the void around us, each one illuminating a elegant purple flame over tall towers of porcelain shaded wax. Suddenly from within the faint luminescence, a figure suddenly appeared from smoke.

"Looks I came right on time." The figure spoke as it floated slightly beside the man. The figure appeared to be almost like a little elf with a slightly see through white japanese robe hanging from it's neck. A small white flower shined slightly from the side of its flowing golden hair. "So... we finally get to meet face to face.... partner." She added with a beautiful but familiar feminine voice. From that mere sentence alone made my mouth drop towards the ground. "A-Aurora? Is this really you?" I asked, unable to shake the thought of meeting the voice in my head that didn't belong to me.

"Aurora is my pet name... my real name is Olivia." Olivia spoke as she glanced at me with piercing olive eyes. " Queen- well... former Queen of the Sirens... since the government took over. " she added with slight sadness while the man stood silently beside her, his eyes refusing to meet with mine. "The rude man standing next to me is Adam. He is a dreamwalker of sorts and doesn't particularly like anyone getting in his way." Olivia introduced before Adam slowly rose his gaze slightly towards me. His fierce dark brown pupils burning a fiercesome flame that almost made me want to step away.

"Huh, I was kinda wondering what you actually looked like Olivia. At first I was thinking about you as a mermaid but as you said don't believe everything you hear, I was really thrown off track." I tried to speak kindly, not to insult her. Who would have thought that Aurora- er... I meant Olivia, used to be the Queen of all Sirens! That was completely the last thing I had ever suspected!

"Heh, well anyways... " she responded before her voice turned into a slightly cold and serious tone. "There was something I... I mean we, wanted to tell you about. Although you might not like it that much." She spoke as her gazed lowered slightly, My interest suddenly perking up. "When you were captured by the facility, it was not by any fatal accident..." She began to speak. "Shortly before it happened, the facility had arrived at my kingdom. The trucks they came in barrelled through the kingdom's walls and then screeched themselves to halt at the town square. After that... The trucks opened  themselves and thousands of men came out, loaded with guns and electricity tazers and started to attack my people without any mercy. Soon enough, the situation became so dire that I was heeded into the battlefield. The battle sought on through the night until my kingdom fell from their wrath, but before they took me away... A tall man stood in front of the remaining survivors. Gloating over his victory while the remains of my people were whisked away into heavy steel trucks." She spoke as a few tears leaked away from her sorrowed eyes.

"And the man that was gloating... was your father..."