Chapter 23.

Gale's pov. 

There I stood, standing in front what appeared to be the respected leader of this crumbling village in defence while across from me in our burning battlefield stood a man dressed in armour and silk robes. He shot me a devil's grin while his spiky cinder black hair shoot violently in the flames, his souless olive eyes staring blankly at my sapphire blue ones. "Well, this has been quite the turn of events... taking down a secretive village of faeries while facing my own flesh and blood standing before me. It has been what... 12 and a half years since I've last seen you. how dramatic." He spoke as I remained motionless, my angelic wings outspread and ready to attack when he made his move. "You know... you could have made this world a better place, a place where there would be no more wars... no more suffering.... no more pain and bloodshed and yet you choose to defy them all! You choose to escape and to do what? Find your brother and just that? Man you were so naive as you were stupid!" He taunted as he brought out a sword, unlike the other guards who were given machines. "I know every move you make thanks to all those escape attempts..." I narrowed my eyes sharply like a hawk before he took a step forward, raising his gun towards me like I was some sort of target to him. "Step aside and allow me to finish this battle without a lot of unnecessary bloodshed."

I laughed as if it was some sort of sickening joke, a darkened grin creeping upwards upon my face while my eyes narrowed even further in his direction. "The only bloodshed that will be swept upon this battlefield will be yours and yours alone. Father or not, I will not show you any mercy for everything you have done to so many innocents..." I spoke back with venom lurking in my tone, glancing back towards the Queen in a protective stance. "Get out of here and get your people to safety, Ive got this murderer right were I want him." I spoke in a calm but threatening tone, hoping that she wouldn't be stubborn and would listen. But before she even took the chance to leave, I heard my father bark in anguish. "YOUR NOT GOING ANYWHERE! HRAGH!!" He charged towards us at a decent speed, getting ready to shoot me as soon as he got close with a knife in hand. Quickly turning around,  I could feel my form taking over my humanity as I leaped towards him... feeling my fangs sink through his protective armour and straight into the open flesh with a blink of a second. "Now you have really asked for it..." I muttered softly before flinging him backwards with brutal force, tearing my fangs through the multiple layers until they broke off from the grip. Sending blood through the air while hearing him scream in agony. 

"You... You frickin devil!"

As the blood began to ooze away from his freshly torn wound, I charged towards him. Getting ready to deliver another lethal blow to his other arm until I felt the stinging feeling of a blade slash across my cheek, sending blood staining across my eye and around small parts of my snowy white fur. However, I did manage to drive my hind paws towards his gun. Bucking it away with a simple kick and allowing to flip and toss itself away across the snow. My father only growled in rage before swinging his arm to fling me off of him, flicking his armed one towards my stomach in attempt to end me straight there. The blade however only made a simple cut across the lower end, the pain shrieking through my mind like wildfire. Moving with little haste, I quickly tried to land on my side. Trying ever so hard not to accidentally crash into the queen and end up knocking her into the fire. "Man... The scientists never told me anything about this phenomenon. Since when did you have the ability to transform yourself into... into this!" He demanded as he struggled to get up, wincing as the pain from his arm shook violently throughout. I only chuckled as I stood up on all 4's, shaking off the pain as if it was nothing. "I did have a little help from someone you may had known from the past... A certain siren queen if I do recall if you remember." I spoke back, my smile growing slightly as he glanced at me in shock. 

"No... I thought I had..."

"Really? and here I thought you would be to clever to discover out our secret communications. Morons..." 

"No matter... I will capture you and then eventually kill you!" He barked as he charged towards me, his sword raised above his head in attempt to make his final lethal blow. I only smiled and awaited for the perfect moment... wait for it... wait for it... NOW!

*KER-SNAP!* 

As that moment came quickly like a bullet, I felt my eyes close in both sadness and anger as my jaws latched onto his chest. Feeling the blood leak away from the bite mark and flowing into my mouth like a leech taking away your life force. "Forgive me..." I thought as a few silent tears dripped away from my eyes, dripping onto the snow and melting it almost as if the tears were acid itself. Tossing him aside with every little strength I could muster, I could feel the rage burning inside my heart slowly fading away almost if I was glad that my father was going to die anyways. There was no exact percent that he would be able to survive my toxic bite, if it was once then he could have but since I had bit him twice which meant double the amount of poison recieved in both blows. Seeing him collapsed there in a bloody mess, awaiting for the moment when the harbinger of death would arrive and steal away all of his life force from this earth made me think a little bit. Maybe I couldn't stop him from being able to feel the pain of thousands of children's dead spirits but maybe I could lift a bit of the venom away and allow him to see a few more days until his departure.

Slowly walking towards him with exhausted paws, I approached with caution as I felt small hints of my angered blood slipping away in each step I took. Leaving a trail of blood like I did back in the thief city, knowing without any doubt that those would be added to my increasing collection of scars growing around my body. My father then turned his gaze towards me as I towered over him, seeing his pleading eyes shimmering slightly from the flames. "Well what are you waiting for? Finish me off like you wanted too when you broke free for good." He commanded in a harsh tone, closing his eyes to await his death that he had deserved from this battle. I only blinked for a long brief moment before lowering my head towards his arm, giving it a slight few licks to dry away the blood. "Even though your the most horrible person on earth and had murdered so many innocent lives just to create what I am now, your still my father and consider this a second chance to admit your mistakes." I spoke calmly in response as I backed away, noticing some of the gashes starting to form themselves into scars around the places I had licked.

"You... you would spare me after everything I have done?" He spoke as he slowly got to his knees, feeling a few tears of sadness before a slow grin began to creep amougst his face. "You are so... so... Stupid!" He barked in laughter as he quickly waved his knife towards me with sudden speed, striking it straight past my right eye without any hesitation. The sudden movement came so quickly that all I could feel was the blade slashing right through my entire eye, the pain so unbearable that I nearly screeched towards the sky while tumbling backwards against the snow. "Only a idiot would want to heal their enemies, that's why I sent you away... your weak Gale, just like how your father was when I stole you and William both away from him." He spoke in almost a psychopath like tone as if he was about to lose every inch of insanity left in him. Wait a minute... stole from him? No, the man in front of me was my father! "Heh, he was the perfect victim once I threatened his dearly beloved that I would kill him and his own children right before her very eyes." He snickered, but if what he meant was actually true and not some sort of stupid lie. That meant he killed my-

"I killed her straight after I gave you away... I was never your father and never will be anymore!"