Chapter 16.

Few days later...

- 4 years ago -

- nobody's pov-

"Hold her still! Man, are all kids these days always so feisty? I've never seen this one struggle so much, especially for the boss's own kin!" A researcher spoke as he was preparing a decent sized syringe, the tube filled half way with a pale olive colored liquid. He whipped the tip before turning his gaze over towards a observation table, watching the multiple guards struggle against a white haired girl thrashing with strength. Screaming and kicking as if she was a ticking time bomb. "You'd think that the boss's own kin would learn at least some ediquote and manners, but heavens no he even failed at that." He muttered before approaching the girl, syringe in hand as it was ready to puncture at it it's helpless victim.

"Now hold still, this shouldn't hurt a single bit!" He spoke in a soothing sarcastic manner before driving the needle tip straight in the girls left shoulder, sending the girl almost in a screaming frenzy as the liquid slowly became lower and lower. Once it was finished, he carefully removed it and bandaged it to prevent it from bleeding. He did feel a slight urge of pity for the child, for he almost knew off the bat that the child wouldn't make it through the procedure. It would end up as another dead corpse of a person who would never seen the light of dawn again.

And to his own mere eyes... something incredible happened, the thing that would change the course of history... And for himself.

________________________________________________________________________________

-Gale's pov-

"NOOOO!"

My eyes shot open as another memory had been relived through my thoughts, the unsteady feeling of remembering that darkened place sending shivers down my spine. I had thought that those forsaken memories had been left to rot away in the back of my mind but I guess some things cannot be forgotten entirely. Through the shock came quiet mutters and gasps, indicating that I wasn't alone... someone had found me... more like found us. But why would they try to save a winged girl who can transform into a wolf and another girl who I pretty much have no clue who the heck she is except for the fact that I busted her out of a cage without getting shot first.

"She wakes..."

Rubbing my eyes a little more to wear off the shock, I noticed that the place where I had awakened too was quite dark. It was hard to see almost anything around me except for some small bits of candlelight to illuminate some of the areas inside of the room. Using those small amounts of light, I could tell that the room was quite large... wooden framing could be faintly seen near the sides of what appeared to be a pile of leaves covered in a woven blanket, quite a strange way of making a cozy bed if you asked me but yet these people who found me must believe this was the only comfortable way to sleep so I did not care to judge my thoughts out loud. "Poor child, can't imagine what has happened to you..." A voice rang out in the distance, its tone calm and gentle before a hand extended out from the darkness. Holding a large wooden carved bowl in its grasp, appearing to be filled with some sort of liquid with a golden hue inside. "Drink please, you need strength if you've made it all the way here..." The voice spoke again, moving the bowl closer to me to take hold. Obeying without any question, I grasped for the bowl with a shaky hand. Trying to keep a firm grip onto the bowl without spilling any of its contents.

"She is obviously a unique sight, I have never seen anything like her in these woods." a voice spoke as I brought the bowl to my perched lips, allowing the liquid to slide down my dry throat without any hesitation. The liquid tasted almost tasted like pure honey, although it did have a slight bitter aftertaste but it didn't really matter to me. These people were obviously trying to help me but yet they don't care to reveal their faces and rather be shunned by the darkness. " Well at least it she isn't hostile... unlike that girl who threw knives the second we came close to her. Maybe we might be able to gain some info on why both of them were so close to our lake." another spoke as I managed to sip the last of its contents, nearly sputtering out some of it at the first sentence the voice made. Wait a minute... That girl? Did they mean the one that had taken the fall with me? Was she alright? Oh please be alright, I would never forgive myself if she had gained any permanent injuries.

Hold on... Why the hell am I fretting over somebody I have never even got the chance to meet properly first hand before?

"So what is your name child? if you do excuse us from asking so suddenly " One of the voices asked as she took the emptied bowl away from me with kindness, the faint outline of her earthly green robe swaying slightly in the dim lighting. "Gale... My name is Gale Rose..." I managed to speak with a weak voice, mustering as much strength I could use to speak before a few footsteps grew louder. Indicating that one of them drew closer towards me as they could see I was in no shape to fight back against them like a victim caught in a spiderweb, awaiting the moment when the spiders themselves would instantly make the clean kill. "That is quite a lovely name child... I can see why your parents would entrust such a name to a unique child such as yourself." The figure who approached me said in comforting tone before reaching her hand out towards my ankle which was bare from the transformation back into human form. Now that I think about it... Was I really just laying here naked in front of these strangers?! I almost immediately flinched back when she nearly came in contact with the rim of my ankle, making a slight glare of warning to them.

"Please do not be alarmed child, I only wish to see how your ankles healing. Somehow you managed to bang it up pretty good when we found you lying against our lakes shoreline. " The figure spoke as her hand retreated slightly from the sudden twitch. Before she could reach out again for a second time, the sound of a door opening came from the distance. Causing the figure to stop her hand dead in her tracks. "Come on Amelia, it's obvious enough that she doesn't trust you completely. I wouldn't blame her in this case, waking up to darkness with absolutely no clue where the hell she is. I'd be pretty finicky about it." A new voice spoke, sounding quite calm and peaceful. Even though I couldn't see her, my gut was almost trying to mention verbally that she wasn't a threat.

"Please do forgive us for startling you, I sincerely hope that we didn't cause such a fright" the voice spoke again, it's gentle footsteps drawing themselves closer. As she came towards me, I could faintly make a few outlines of her figure. Her eyes were well hidden under the hood of her white robe that ended around the waist while wearing what appeared to be some sort of elf battle armour underneath the robes ascending crease. A few golden chainmails dangled around her neck with symbols carved into them, the symbols appearing to be some ancient language they knew of. "I can sense you were at our lake for a reason, do you wish to explain?" She asked politely, making me silently curse to myself. Do these people honestly believe that they will just gain some straight answers out of me and just leave with those little strips of info to report? Heavens no, they will not leave my sight without giving me some brief explanations. They brought me and the girl here for a reason and I will not allow this chance to slide by me undetected, and I'm sure I could easily prove that point out for them. As for my injury, I could easily get that fixed in a jiffy thanks to my powers.

"Not until I get some clear statements on who the heck you people are and why you brought me here, I can easily tell wasn't just a simple "found somebody with an injury and ill just take them back to my hideout or whatever this place is call for no mere reason" but something much more, something that I don't know about even." I spoke in a slight bitter tone, feeling my eyes narrow as I gave them a bit of a glare. The mere glimpse almost made the entire group surrounding me back away in a fright, well all accept for the woman who stood in front of me who brushed away the thought like it was just a small pile of dust on her shoulder. "Wow, now that's some fire in those eyes! " she spoke with a hint of surprise in her voice. "I guess your going to be one tricky person to get through." She added before a slight smile grew from the sides of her face, something after that mere sentence was telling me that this was going to be a "Long" conversation.

I just sure hope that girl is doing better than where I am right now...