Chapter 20.

Disclaimer: By the way, if some of the texts are bunched together in this chapter. It isn't a error. Its just one of the characters talking quite quickly and out of breath so don't judge it as a spelling mistake.

________________________________________________________________________________

-William's pov-

"WHAT?!"

"Now William before you freak out, please let me explain... Your mother-"

"What do you know about my mother? That traitorous suicidal runner couldn't have cared less about me or Gale! She practically hated us and left as soon as the moment was right for her! To leave her own son a newborn daughter for our father to clean up after!" I barked back in anger, my blood boiling harshly as rage engulfed me completely like flames in a burning forest fire. Without any hesitation I quickly then stood to my feet and grabbed the small project I was working on earlier before storming off into the cold and silent night. Allowing the wind's brittle reception sweep past me as I left Raymond back at the workshop, shunning him out from my hospitality completely like he was a unwelcome guest. He would probably avoid me and shut out my opinion in any of the patrolling areas and just stick me as a last minute replacement but it didn't matter much to me anymore. It was clear enough that he only treated my own sibling just as a lost object without any feelings or pretty much anything at all, If I was to find Gale then I had no other choice but to do it on my own. 

Stomping heavily through the snow covered streets, I took my usual route back to my home. A few lefts here, a couple rights there. It usually took me about 35 minutes to get back from the workshop but this time I decided to take a slight bit longer, taking a detour through the market place where by day it was usually busy and flowing with crowds but calm and silent within the night. Glancing towards the closed up vendors, I couldn't help but notice that one of them remained lit... indicating that it was still open during this hour which was slightly a odd sight to see in the marketplace. Taking a glance closer, I could hear the faint sounds of laughter piercing through the silence before muffled chatter followed shortly after. The faint outlines of silhouettes casting from a bright campfire could be seen crossing straight through the cobblestone street like a arrow moving in a single direction from within its bow. The single direction soon hitting its target with a clean shot. Although it wasn't really best to steal during the night when everyone was drunk and could easily make it ending up in a bar fight, it was still a good opportunity to do a little pickpocketing every now and then wasn't it? Maybe I could even grab some guys wallet to pay off the tab I still have at Perry's Tavern, it even surprised me that he hasn't thrown me and conner out for not paying it... then again, we are thieves and nothing is paid fairly so I guess It wouldn't hurt to give the owner at least a little bit of respect by giving the guy some dough. 

"So you claim to know where that child is hiding eh?"

"Yes, it was quite clever to shoot that tracking chip when I had the chance. Surprisingly she decided to take the bait and rescued that young thief, however she managed to do it all without getting shot once! I tell ya that girl is extremely clever... even for someone like me!" 

"And assuming that she did managed to survive that fall, do you have her location pinned down?" 

"A tracking chip? Since when did they implant that on her? more likely, did she even know that she was chipped in the first place? " I thought as I felt my body stiffen from this disturbing report, making my blood feel like it was running cold to the brink of freezing into a solid. Moving ever so silently, I quickly darted towards the side of the caravan. The snow leaving the faint markings of my shoe prints in my wake. "Oh yeah, I did manage to pin point her location thanks to this little device I built into our tracking chips. Its able to transmit special waves that allows us to see how much power she is currently using at the moment and also the area the power is being used at. Right now, the power levels and heart rate are their current normal state without much change, her location however has got me confused." One of the guys spoke as he had a glance at his monitor. They found Gale?! And Cree as Well?! Thank God that they are safe and managed to escape from those guards without any kinds of interference, however they both wouldn't be safe for long if they been using that tracking chip on her for the past few days and managed to pinpoint their location.