Chapter 4.

-Raymond's pov.-

"Something didn't feel right when I slashed that blanket open..."

As the sides of the blanket began to unfold towards the stone platform, A sinister growl soon started to grow intense from inside. Sounding almost dragon like as it started to send slight waves of it's fiery aura throughout the area. Some of the people soon started to mutter amongst themselves as they felt the aura whip past them like a leaf dancing fiercely in a cool Autumn's breeze, some of them wondering if they should prepare themselves for a fight or if they should wait to see if this child will attack or will it remain docile to our precense since it was obvious that it was awake. Holding my sword tightly in my left hand, I glanced at the fallen blanket to see a young tall girl kneeling with her head hanging low so her long silvery white hair hid away her eyes from plain view. Her skin was quite pale while a long dirty sleeveless gown hung had dressed most of her body, a tag was sewn onto the robe but the girl's long hair had hid most of it so I couldn't make out what most of it had said. All I could make out were the words "Subject" and "Gale" from the parts of her tag that weren't covered by hair... Was that her name? Gale?

Suddenly before I could even ask anything or check to see if she was the one I had seen from my dream, The girl (Since I didn't know her real name yet) chuckled slightly in a rather suspicious tone of laughter as she rose her face towards me, her eyelid's closed to the first glance before they quickly snapped open to reveal a golden hue with a cat's like pupil inside, hints of amber shades striped near some areas of her eyes as the pupils stayed thin as a hairline. While her eyes shot open, a pair of large swan like wings soon spreader themselves proudly towards the gloomy skies. Shining elegantly with a thin gleaming light before she suddenly took flight towards the sky, Flapping her long feathery white wings against the winter's cold and chilling breeze as if it was sending it's own waves against the natural ones.

"ARCHER'S! HEALER'S! BRING FOURTH YOUR CROSSBOWS! ONLY SHOOT WHEN SHE GETS CLOSE TO YOU WHEN SHE ATTACKS! ILL TRY SEEING IF I CAN GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO STUN HER!" I quickly commanded as I brought my sword forward towards the girl, my eyes linking towards her golden shades of fury. But as they came into contact, I could suddenly hear a very faded voice echoing throughout my ears. Sounding almost frantic and scared, glancing closer towards her pupils. I could almost see another girl hiding away inside who was terrified stiff and almost looking like she was about to burst into tears. "Help... me..." I heard the girl speak weakly, almost as if she barely had enough strength to keep herself stable. "Please! I cannot... control my body! Stop... me!" Suddenly everything went silent before the archers started firing away at the winged girl, causing her to break away from my gaze and swoop upwards to dodge the ongoing waves of arrows. Quickly swaying to the left and right, she quickly barrelled rolled towards her right and kicked one of the archer's straight up towards his chest and sent him flying away towards one of the rooftops with a elegant fling.

As the archer's continued to fire their arrows, the girl quickly leaped into the air before spinning violently like torpedo towards the ground. She quickly then sprung outwards and quickly kicked another one of the archers right towards his stomach and then tripping him shortly afterwards. Given the only opportunity I had, I lunged towards her so she couldn't escape again to knock out another guard. Catching her by surprise and gallantly body slamming her towards the platform in a heavy crushing blow. She hissed and violently struggled to break free just on the point of the healers arriving, quickly grabbing something out of their bags and quickly dabbed it in some pale green ointment before stabbing it in one of her fleeting legs. She nearly growled slightly in agony as she felt the object burry itself into her skin and pierce through the flesh hidden inside. "It'll be over soon... It'll be over soon" I thought quickly and soon felt the girl's struggling slowly starting to die down, I'd glance over to see that she was slowly calming down from whatever was controlling her.

"HEALER'S! GET THIS GIRL TO MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY!" I barked loudly before the healers all came to my side.

________________________________________________________________________________

-Some time later...-

-Gale's pov.-

"Herbs... The awfully strong scent of medical herbs was the first thing I smelt when I awoke that late evening..."

Everything felt like it had been twisted and turned into a gigantic knot, My head was rushing and pounding against the sides of my skull, I could barely even think straight without my head trying to split itself open. Even my leg felt like it was just about to fall off without any problems like melting butter on a saucepan. I quietly tried to listen for Aurora and her mild cursing for not allowing her to take full control of my body, but no response came from her... it was like she was completely wiped away and jarred from my mind. Shortly after, I felt something quite cool and glassy press against my lips while a voice spoke softly to me. A few others muttering along with it.

"We can't afford to allow this girl to be seen around the city again. Not after that whole fiasco at the core." One voice spoke.

"She was just out of control, she wasn't in control of her powers and was pleading for help. I heard her say that when our eyes locked at each other during the fight!" Another spoke.

"But are you not aware of the threat she is to the thieves? After that fight, did you not see the looks everyone was showing? They feel uneasy almost even threatened by this girl's presence and some are even beginning to riot against you on keeping her here! If you want to keep control of this city, either give the girl up or face the consequences of your own people..." The first one spoke again before his voice soon wavered off into the distance till it was mere silence. I then heard the other voice approach me, sighing heavily in frustration while settling himself into what sounded like a wooden chair. Was I really that much of a problem to everyone? Including the person who was sitting beside me? Does everyone now fear me because of Aurora's rage? I guess I am to blame for all of this since none of them know that Aurora... A siren that I had just met a day ago, was the one controlling me and sending the whole city into frantic craze of fear. As much as the next person to believe that a winged girl could send a city in a scared state, this wasn't the first time that I've sent a large group of people to be terrified of me.

The last time this scenario ever happened was when my parents were... still with me before I was dropped off at that wretched facility... The thought of it was still stuck in my mind like a trapped memory. A frozen piece of time that shall forever remain to haunt at the edges of my life. It had all started with a woman speaking to me to ending up as a small girl standing silenced in the middle of a group of terrified people staring straight at the devil's girl that stood in front of them.

"I'm not sure what to do with you girl. As much as Oliver wants to bite at the negative sides of newbies, he does have a good point this time... right now everyone fears your skill and level of power but I need to prove to them that you aren't the bad tyrant they see you as. I know for a fact that you never even intended on fighting us unless you truly believed it was nessisary.