Chapter 3.

Everything was happening so fast. After that first explosion, more explosions were going off in multiple directions. Causing the ground to rumble heavily while the walls around me began to crack and decay away from the impact. Alarms soon began blaring throughout the entire hallway before a legion of guards came dashing into the hallway, sending the entire room into a uproar. Through the clouds of white smoke that descended from the explosion in the ceiling, I lowered my hand from my eyes to see a group of 5 silhouettes standing amongst the pile of rubble glancing downwards around the entire large room before part of guard legion had went in front of me and pointed their guns straight at them. "Who are you! Identify yourselves immediately!" One of the guards demanded while the group remained silent as the wind. Finally after a mere moment, the one near the middle of the group had rose up what appeared to be a sword of some sort and pointed it towards me.

"Her..." The middle one spoke the one word in almost a threatening voice, the sword looking like it was ready to pierce right through me at the first chance it got. I stumbled back at the sound of the word which made the guard beside me catch me with a fierce grip. "Do not worry child... we are getting you out of here." He whispered with calming words as I glanced at him, confusion nearly blinding me entirely. "Im secretly one of the thieves that works with Sebastian, He is that fella in the middle there. Just stay calm and... sorry about this." He explained before his hand quickly snaked its way towards my neck and jabbed itself near the base of it. Before I could even realize it, my entire world started to turn hazy and black. The voices around me started to fade into loud mutters and the guards face soon blurred until it was like a stain of water swirling away into nothingness.

________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day...

-Sebastian's pov-

She was so beautiful when she sleeps...

I was riding my gryphon mount amongst the dark grey winter skies with the rest of my group throughout that evening, the cold breeze whipping past us while my gryphon had a large net with a soft blanket tied to its mighty talons. Inside of it held the young girl sleeping soundlessly inside with a leather blanket wrapped around her fragile body. For a girl who had managed to survive all those expirements for the past years, she truly must be something quite unimaginable for our leader to take a shine to. Normally Raymond would typically just consider girls as just girls and nothing else, so what made him change his mind so much about this girl? Was it because of rumours? Was it because of some powers she may be gifted with? Or was it something else?

"Hey Mr daydreamer! whats got you fantasizing this time?" A voice suddenly barked from beside me, making me snap out of my train of thought almost instantly to see Candace riding on Storm closely beside me. "Are you still thinking about what happened earlier? Don't worry about it so much Sebastian, as long as we all made it out of there alive and didn't accidentally make the whole facility crumble to ashes, it'll be fine..." She added before we ducked downwards towards a valley of pines below, slightly gracing the fur tips with a gentle ongoing sway. I quickly bucked Sterling to keep his distance above the trees so it wouldn't brush against our cargo.

"I know that Cadence, it's just that this girl... This hybrid maiden of sorts is supposed to be the one that Raymond was referring to in his vision. You do remember what he said before we left for that facility right?" I replied in a wary expression, the thought of what Raymond had said about when he asked me to visit him back in his house at the Thief city.  The only place where all thieves had a place to live without any threat of governmental or political standards biting away at us like frogs constantly going after flies. "Yeah, How could I forget. He said that one thief shall forge a bond of 3, One that is sneaky and wise like the wolf, one that is clever and deceptive as a snake, and one who's powers that can calm any raging fire of hate. Through these three shall unleash a power so great, so powerful that it shall cleanse the earth of evil within a tidal wave of silvery flares. " Carmen responded before we slowly came towards a large valley of trees that was almost shaped as a crater from a meteor. "Wait... Sebastian, you think she may be one of them who is suppose to be a key piece to the prophecy?" She quickly questioned as we began to descend towards a large sphere shaped city in the distance, its large stone like spires standing tall and proudly while walls protected the outer layer.

"Maybe, we would have to see if Raymond says it looks like one of them first. The last thing we need to worry about would be this girl trying to run away before we even had a chance to check yet." I spoke before glancing towards the lit city below, Hearing the men working and shouting before a loud horn like blare soon echoed throughout the city. Sending almost everyone rushing towards the place we were heading to, the center of city which is also known as the "core".

"They're back!"

" And they found the winged child!"

"Get Raymond!"

Voices soon echoed loudly throughout the streets as people scurried towards the core, awaiting our arrival. As soon as we flew towards the the center of the city, a group of people known as Raymonds assistants stood near the the center platform. Each one of them blocking the ongoing waves of thieves from trying to get closer towards us... more importantly, the girl safely hiding away in the net. 

"Settle down! SETTLE DOWN!" A loud masculine voice suddenly echoed proudly through the crowd, making everyone fall suddenly silent to the voice as if they instantly knew who was making their way towards the platform. There standing and slowly making a way through the crowd stood a tall man with long jet black hair leading right to the top of his waist. Thick black leather armour nearly coated his entire body while shiny metal scraps poked through and gave the leather a metallic look. The crowd quickly parted to allow him to pass through as he nearly prowled towards the platform, each one remaining silent to his presence as he marched onwards. "We cannot make assumptions yet if the child they brought back is the winged one or not unless proven that it has the powers." He spoke calmly in a slightly grunted tone as he came towards the top of the platform. With a steady swing, he quickly slashed though the top of the net with his sword and the net carefully plopped itself onto the ground. The ropes neatly falling straight down with ease while the blanket still sat neatly in place as it was tied as. As he carefully began to cut open the blanket, he motioned a few of our city's healers to come toward in case she had any injuries that we weren't aware about. Even though Pablo said that she had only a few minor scratches from the last test she had.

_______________________________________

-Gale's pov-

This was a terrible idea... I just knew it was...

Somehow, I managed to make myself to agree to Auroras crazy and utterly ridiculous plan of showing the people who kidnapped me from the facility no exact mercy from the two of us. Now that I think about it, this idea of hers was exactly insane! She wanted me to allow her to take control of my body and cause havoc and destruction to whoever shoved me into this sack and show them what she referred to as my "True powers" and make them see fear straight in the eye.

"Aurora! I actually am starting to doubt about this idea! This is a bad idea! What if you somehow kill me while your enjoying your little reign of terror fun?!" I barked to get mentally as I suddenly felt the ground below me hit me in the side. I just heard her chuckle a slight bit before she responded with a "oh come on! It'll be fun!" Tone of voice. "When your handling a group of thieves, they don't show any mercy to anyone in combat. It's killed or be killed! So we are just going to make a good first impression by shooting a lot of things! Don't worry, I won't let you get killed by any of my shenanigan ideas." I then heard a sword coming away from is sheathed holder. " Ok, it's show time! Now this might feel a little weird but it shouldn't hurt a single bit!" I heard her speak before I felt something burn inside my skull, The flames growing more and more intense as if it was trying to start a forest fire inside of my brain.