Chapter 2.

The room was frightening, almost unbearable to see without having a iron stomach to keep you from vomiting. The room was stained with a beige hue while small brownish paint like stains would splot a few bits of the room, giving off quite a fowl odour that nearly made me lightheaded. The room had barely anything in it, all except for a large pair of iron shackles tied to steel chains lying against the stone floor. The guard in front of me then shoved me towards the shackles before the door behind him quickly shut itself closed. Why would they need to put shackles on me when I can barely even try breaking out of here anyways?

"Alrighty, these things should prevent you from trying to escape from us once we try out putting that formula in again. If you do die then we either went too heavy on dosage or maybe too much of something inside the mixture." The scientist spoke as he clamped the shackles against my wings and my arms, The cold shiny metal piercing through my skin sharply. Once he finished locking them into place, he and the guard then left the room before strolling towards the viewing window. The nurses then said something to him before a noise soon came from behind me and quickly stabbed something into my back straight between the wings without any mercy.

Before I could realize anything, my entire body soon felt like it was on fire. Like a sudden heatwave had surrounded the room and slowly rose up in temperature. As the temperature in my body rose, my eyes felt like they were getting stung relentlessly. Almost like how you would get a bee sting underneath your foot or anywhere that was really sensitive and would send that part your body into a furious rage of pain. I tried to bring my hand close towards my eyes only to have them being pulled back by the chains. Glancing towards the scientist, I only saw him smiling quite joyfully as if he enjoyed seeing me suffer against a creation of his own. Is that how he likes to see progress? To see innocent kids being tortured and tormented by these ongoing expirements that seem to have no ends or boundaries? To see what could have been the future for mankind end up as a expirement just for the wealthy to play with over and over?

"Fight back..."

"Fight back..."

"Please, allow me to fight back for you..."

Throughout all the pain echoing through the room, I heard a voice speaking... no more like begging for me to give in to it. It's tone sounding almost sinister as a snake. "Who are you? Show yourself!" I barked out towards the voice, looking around to see where the voice was coming from. The voice only laughed in my confusion before it responded back with a more gentler tone. " my my my, you are quite a confused child. Aren't you? It makes me even curious if you even know about the powers bestowed to you thanks to that serum." Powers? I have Powers? No... no way that a simple 16 year old laboratory girl who barely remembers anything about her parents would have any powers or any special abilities even close relevant to that.

" Well could you tell me your name? If you have one that is. I think you might already know mine since you don't appear to be anywhere." I asked as I bit my lip from another ongoing wave of exhausting heat, sweat dripping from the sides of my head as I squeezed my eyes shut from the dryness. "My name is Aurora dear child, a special creature that gave you those wings thanks to my power as a Siren" the voice responded before a expression of hidden shock swept across my face. "But aren't Sirens creatures of the sea that will bring sailors to their own certain death by the sound of their lovely but deadly voices?" I wondered in curiosity. "Seriously?, I wouldn't always believe the things you hear. Our name may sound like the bad type but the truth is that we are actually quite the kind creatures. If you do excuse us from singing from time to time." Aurora quickly added before I heard a door revolve open and heard the sound of footsteps coming towards me.

"Well, that wasn't a total failure but at least we managed to get a few readings from you." I heard a scientist speak as he approached towards me, his heavy footsteps clomping against the floor like horseshoes. "Guards, keep your tranquilizer guns ready in case she plans on trying to escape again. Since she's already tried it almost every single time now." He added before he started to unlock the shackles, jingling the key against the metal contraptions buried inside the metal sheathing. One by one, each shackle fell towards the floor with a loud clang until all of them had been freed from me. Standing unsteadily, I quickly strolled towards the door while the guards were walking closely behind me. Keeping their guns close towards their chests and loaded in case they needed to fire them at sudden. Seriously? Do they honestly think that after all those times I tried to escape as a younger child would they keep believing that I would do it again? I swear that some of the guys think way over the top of their minds on security.

"Escape again? Okay... what did you do to get yourself into this position so the guards have to keep their 24/7 eyes on you?" Aurora asked as we left the room, her voice sparking brightly in curiosity. I rolled my eyes slightly before we came back to the hallway to hell again, this time instantly bringing the attention to the kids hiding away in the cells towards me. All of them looking at me both shock and wonder as I walked calmly down the cold corridor with my wings folded neatly behind my back. " I... don't want to talk about it really. It brings back bad memories." I responded to her question before glancing towards the left side of the aisle, seeing the ongoing lines of kids trapped inside the cages looking at me with curious eyes while others were just glancing at either the wall or the floor. They then started to mutter to their prison mates next door to them or with them inside the same cage as they shared, each mutter soon making the room become louder and louder with whispers.

"No way!"

"How did she do it?"

"Is it because of those wings she has?"

"Wow, it looks like you've been quite the celebrity here because of those wings of yours. Also with all the time you've spent in here too. How long have you been stuck in this place?" Aurora asked again except this time more eager than before. I only sighed slightly before responding mentally back to her. " 12 years... 12 years I've been stuck in this place while the other 4 were the times I would be outside these blank walls and back with my parents. During my 8th year trapped inside of this place was when I received these wings after I was applied with protection serums day after day." I explained before something unexpected happened... something that nobody was expecting... something that could probably change my life forever.

A explosion had just came from one of the sides of the walls...