Chapter 14.

-Gale's pov.-

It was right then and there when I realize that these guys weren't the patrol that circles around the area...

There... Coming out of the faded shadows of the pines drew fourth a small legion of tall men, each one dressed quite oddly in white stained steel armour and wearing protection masks over their faces to hide their identities. A few of them held large guns while others were holding that familiar straight and smaller ones, indicating the words Tranq. in bright chalk letters on the side of the handle. Meaning tranquilizers. Even though these guys were dressed differently than the ones who were monitoring me back in that dreadful prison, it was hard to forget those tranquilizer guns prototypes. Although it was quite rather strange how they managed to find me that quickly when I was rescued only a few days ago from their filthy laboratory hands in the first place.

It was the facility's top guardsmen legion... and they came to find me to bring me back to the facility...

"Finally found you little getaway winged test subject!" One of them barked before a few of them raised their guns, directing their targeting position directly at me. I growled lowly with my eyes glaring directly towards the man standing in the middle of the legion, his protective mask gazing soullessly back. "Now Now little wolf, I wouldn't be biting strangers if I were you. Unless I would want to break my teeth or get shot in the behind!" He taunted as he started laughing at his own sick joke, Making my soft lavender eyes sharpen narrowly. I was almost ready to pounce at that defective idiot when William suddenly spoke up, stepping in front of me with his arms stretched outwards. "Oh... and you must be those stumbling bunch of baboons who took my sister away 12 years ago, directed under someone much higher than you pathetic guards are. Such as someone under the name of Braxton Xavier Rose... or in this case, Mr. Rose... Our father." He spoke with a taunting response. Wait a minute... Our father? He was the one behind my kidnapping and the one who directed the entire facility to use me as their lab rat? If so, then why did they take so many other kids?

"Huh... so you and that wolf are the boss's children? And I'm guessing that other young man beside you is a prodigy of yours Also? Well that's quite unexpected, well your father will probably not be proud to see that his two children are both traitors. Seeing as you are a Thief and your sisters a runaway." The guard spoke before aiming his gun straight at Williams chest, making my brother snarl slightly in anger. I quickly moving in front of him, I made a slight growl for him to back off. "William, I know you want to get revenge on these guys but you don't know these guys like I do, one shot from those pistols and your dead straight in your tracks after being painfully electrocuted." I spoke in a soothing tone, trying to get him to loosen his grip. "Let me deal with these guys, you and Conner head back to the city and tell Raymond that some unwelcome guests are at the eastern border."

"Gale, have you lost your mind?! These guys will do almost anything to get you back inside a cage which I best believe is the last thing you want." William responded worriedly, I smiled a little before crouching slightly to get myself into a sprinting position. If what they said is true about wolves, they could easily run about a good few miles to wear out their enemies and their prey. Hopefully I gained those traits when I first transformed into a wolf, otherwise I'm dead for sure. " Well that is if they can catch me first!" I spoke almost in a whisper. "Hey Olivia? Care for a bit of fun?" I thought mentally, hoping that she could still respond in my wolf form.

"Oh you said it! Fun is my middle name!" I heard her snicker in response as a sneaked in a smile that almost looked sickening to anyone who glanced at it. "Just wait till I show you the upgrades you achieve in this form. Man this is going to be so epic!" She spoke as I felt her presence gain closer in my mind, almost picturing the smug look on her face as she was getting antsy to start battling these guys.

"William... Conner... I would get going... now! This isn't going to be a pretty sight you would want to witness." I spoke, shooting a glare as I wasn't planning on taking no for a answer. They eventually and scurried off into the woods as I then turned my glance back towards the legion who were still keeping their guns directing straight at me, sneaking a chuckle underneath my breath. "You managed to catch me once when I was off guard, but this time is going to be different!" I barked out loudly before making a daring leap towards the guard in the center, launching my paws towards the gun to knock it out of his hand with grace. The guard quickly try to redirect his gun towards me but I managed to make my landing almost swiftly and bucked the machinery out of his hand, hearing it clunking towards the ground as another leap was made towards the ground.

"Agh! Catch that wolf! " One of the guards called out from behind as the guns began to shoot out their deafening cries, hearing the whirls of bullets echo past my ears while others managed to miss my paws by a mere sliver. If there was one way to driving these guys away from the city, than why not use something they value? Such as runaway lab rat like me? Moving quickly on my paws, I did not dare to turn around to wait for the guards to catch up to me and instead tried to search for some sort of advantage points I could use to get farther and farther away. Hopefully pray to god that by then William and Conner had managed to thicket their way out of the woods and found Raymond, sure he probably will scowl at me for it but I believe he will probably understand that it was to protect the city from harm that I had brought to them.  "Olivia, do you sense anything that could possibly slow these guys down? Like a rock or some loose logs?" I asked Olivia as I treaded heavily across the powdered snow below me, the trees around me drawing only mere flickers of light to illuminate a clear path for me.

"No... the only thing I sense is... oh no." I managed to hear her respond before she almost stopped mid sentence, sending a shiver of worry down my spine. "Olivia! What do you mean oh no? Is there a threat or a obstacle in my way up ahead?" my fear growing steadily as my voice kept trying to reach out to her, only to feel endless waves of anxiety and horror admit from her conciseness.  "Gale! I sense a huge amount of presences closing in on the area around us, each one bearing heavy armour and holding many cages awaiting for us to be caught in! The only way to get away would be to leap over the falls just south of here, but its a good 40 feet drop and the bottoms covered with ice! " she nearly cried out in panic. Falls eh? If there are falls that must mean a river connects to those falls, and if there's a river then I could easily give these guys the "Slip" thanks to the ice. " Listen Olivia, Ive got a plan. Do you think you can summon my wings from my human form? I know it sounds like a bizarre question but just trust me on it!" I asked as I felt a updraft move swiftly through my fur. "Yes but where are you going with this?"

"We are going to ditch these guys and fly... Wolf style!"