Chapter 13.

Disclaimer: If anyone at all is confused on what Gale looks like in wolf form, the picture is shown up above. I do not own the artwork and all respect goes to its rightful owner!

________________________________________________________________________________

-William's pov.-

"Why? Why did I leave those two when they could have easily done something so stupid as this!"

My mind was echoing the exact same question throughout my skull, each time growing sluggishly louder. Even from the previous memories that we had spent together, I know Gale was a tough girl for her age but never would make a stupid decision that she would regret for the rest of her life. So why did she do something that would get herself so easily killed if anyone were to find out? I know Conner is a bit of a numbskull at times and probably more of a klutz at that, but he's at the very least not that much of an idiot to allow her to get up and leave the city when she should be in bed resting and trying to get over that fever of hers! More importantly, how in the world did she manage to break that fever when she was still quite weak? 

Racing heavily through the snowy powdered ground, the trees around me felt like they were moving aside to create a clear path. The path that would lead to where my stubborn sister had vanished off to and where she took Conner with her. The birds stood silenced as I would run past them, almost as if they were giving me the cold shoulder of guilt and slight regret along with any other animals that were in the area. "But why would she run off though when she knew she was still injured? Why did she leave when she could have told me what was bothering her in the first place?"

Before I could even think of a possible answer for that question, a sudden amount of heavy weight had dunked me from the side. Sending me almost tumbling into a tree while the weight had plummeted itself into a nearby snow bank, leaving only half of itself out of its white masked maw. I glanced over towards the figure that had jumped me and noticed that it was my partner stuck under the snow drift and looked like he has seen a ghost! Great... now Ive got probably two sick people to take care of and it was mostly because of stupidity. Sighing heavily, I quickly pulled him out of the whitened ground and stood him up straight before nearly scoring him with thousands of questions.

___________________________________________________________________________

-Conner's pov.-

"CONNER! What were you thinking?! And where is my sister!" William's angered tone barked in rage, his dark amber eyes glaring intensely towards me like a tiger eyeing at its next petrified victim. Awaiting for the perfect moment to make a perfect clean kill. "Do you have any idea about what could happen if you bring a girl who has a high fever into the cold with barely any warmth? You could not only get yourselves caught by a patrol but you could have killed her! And I don't wish to see my sister dead after not being able to see her for over 12 forsaken years!" He growled before glancing towards the stream just a little ways from us, noticing that Gale was nowhere in sight. 

"William, I know your mad at me but there are some things you can't blame your sister for. You have to think about what she has been through, trapped inside a cell for 12 years with nothing to do but to sit and wait. Not to mention being the victim of a shroud of confusion just like you were. " I quickly defended myself, knowing that I would just sink further into the argument till William would claim victory. " Do you think that she deserves even a bit of freedom? Being trapped in one building after the other without any permission to go outside for even a few minutes, I know I would probably go insane." I added before a gentle but calming voice had called out from the distance. "William? Is that you?" I turned around towards the voice's direction to see a pair of lavender shaded eyes gazing straight at us while the rest of it was covered in a silhouette, Its pupils turned to almost a miniature pearl like size. "I thought I had recognized that angered tone." It spoke calmly as it remained still in the shadow of the pines.

"Gale? Thank goodness your alive, I thought my idiot partner had gotten you killed!" William respond before shooting me another dirty look. "First off, Why do you look disoriented like you had gone through a paper shredder. Second... WHY IN HELL'S NAME DID YOU AND CONNER GO OFF RUNNING INTO THE FOREST! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED SICK I WAS ABOUT YOU!" He nearly barked loudly, nearly sending a shrieking echo throughout the area. Making Gale whimper slightly from the barbaric tone...

Wait a minute... Whimpering?

"Ow... William? Promise me you will not be mad at me for seeing this kind of state I'm in." Gale responded before she walked towards us, once the small streaks of sunlight had begun to shun away the darkness came fourth a creature that was no ordinary human. But a mere young wolf in its place, and boy what a wolf she was! Her fur started out white before it faded into a deep twilight purple while tiny faded patches of white covered certain areas of the darker fur like stars in a night sky. Upon her elegant snowy coloured head bore a unique symbol that almost appeared to be a uniquely styled flower just like the one on her ankle back in her original form. Was this the true power she possesses just like William did? Or was it something even further than just a normal evolvement? In any cases, that was for me to figure out on my own. Suddenly before my very own eyes, William had raced towards her side almost like he was a mother protecting her own child. His eyes filled with insecurity and amazement as he was fixated on her innocent gaze, who would have thought that a person with a chilly heart would easily be melted away by something as innocent and fragile as a sibling he had never seen for over a decade. 

"Sis... what happened to the sweet innocent sibling that I know and cherish so much? Who had done something so cruel to a innocent victim such as yourself?" William asked in a kinder tone, rubbing his sister's tall ears softly in comfort as he secretly clenched his teeth. Finding it too much to bear the heavy truth had turned into something so unique. Instead of taking it in as a gift of beauty and tranquility that had weaved itself together into such a creature, He took it as a curse that had turned everything he loved into and crushed all of it away into pure misery and treachery. Gale only smiled slightly before backing away from his warming arms and lowered her gaze towards the ground below, staring down at the lifeless snow that covered her paws  without any sense of joy or happiness. "I was the one who did this to myself, I was sick of everything being covered up in shadows unable for the eye to see and... this is what it got me too. Ending up as a wingless wolf with the powers to change eye colour and to heal anything I touch with the mere tips of my fingers or paws in this case." She spoke as she lifted one of her paws towards her. "Remember all those times when we used to play as kids with our abilities?" She asked is a kind tone of voice, trying to sound more pleasant than sorrowful. " Well... there was this one time where I had asked our father why I couldn't go outside to play with you, and well... he said it was something about the abilities I possessed. Somehow, Dad knew something about me that he would never dare to tell me about... and I guess it was what he meant. Becoming something much more unexpected and unexplainable that it was almost looking at something entirely supernatural." She explained as a few tears fell towards the snow, burning a straight clean hole through the white as if the tear was made of pure acid. 

"Gale... I-"

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!"