Chapter 10.

No... No it couldn't have been...

"M-my father? But... why would he have done such a thing! I knew my father since I was 4 and he would had never ever allowed such actions to be dealt on innocents." I spoke, shock wearing down over my face to hear such a story from my own partner. "I... I'm so sorry that this happen to you Olivia!" Tears had started to roll down my cheeks while my face darkened, Olivia soon floated over to me and I was soon embraced by her gentle arms. Even though they could only reach the back of my shoulders.

"Gale... please understand-"

"Olivia... I need to know something. You said that you were captured by the facility shortly before I was taken there, so where are you know." I butted in, cutting her off almost immediately. "you asked me a lot of questions back when I was a prisoner of that dreaded facility, now it's my turn to ask you." I finished as I glanced at her with pleading eyes, if she could give me some answers to my questions then It could give me reasons to my father's rash actions and more importantly why he would attack my partners kingdom.

"Well my spirit remains inside you while my physical form remains at some basement area of some facility quite far from here. It took me some time but I managed to fool the guards into thinking I had gone into a coma of some sort and right now they are keeping me in some sort of generator to keep my life-line steady."  Olivia answered as she floated a little ways back from me. "It sounds a little extreme but I couldn't allow my powers to be taken away by some pesky government who thinks they can take whatever they want, so instead... I housed my powers inside you so they would had never suspected it. But I guess you probably witnessed first hand on how much power I can do with a flick of a wrist." She added before the memory of her outrage flooded my mind like a incoming tidal wave.

"Oh yeah, I still didn't like how you nearly almost set my brain on fire and made me lose control of my entire body." I responded back with a slight bit of venom in my tone, my eyes narrowing directly at her which caused her to back up a slight bit. " yeah... I really do apologize about both of those things, I guess I overreacted a bit since I hadn't completely had that memory of your father shaken off yet." She spoke as she rubbed a hand to the back of her head, giving me a slight pleading look to not strangle her to oblivion. As much as I wanted to do it, I wasn't going to allow myself to believe physical violence was the answer like my father had seen things. Speaking of which, I wonder if William had found out about that after I was taken.

"Olivia... is it alright if I asked one more question before I leave?" I asked as I was about to turn my back to leave. Olivia glanced at me with a curious look before nodding her head to answer. " I wanted to know something... this power thing you kept mentioning about. What was exactly your power?"

She stood silent for a second before glancing at Adam, who gave her a look of agreement.

"If you wish to know about my powers, find my spirit residing by the stream where you first found your brother."

________________________________________________________________________________

-Reality-

-Nobody's pov.-

"Oh... I knew this would happen!" William spoke as he paced back and fourth across the guest room impatiently, his hands held behind his back while Conner stood in front of him watching. "Why didn't Raymond replace her clothing when he caught her the first time! Because of his foolishness and overstatement, Gale has a fever and it refuses to break!" He cursed before heading back over towards his ill sibling, seeing her shiver slightly while her eyelids remained close. A slight streak of red crossed over the centre of her face while her skin was almost as pale as snow. In anyone's opinion, she looked barely even alive.

"William, don't you think your overreacting a bit? It's just a simple case of the fever, everyone gets it all the time including you and me." Conner asked as he watched his teammate place the damp cloth back on his siblings forehead after it had grown dry. Noticing a slight wave of relief strike almost immediately onto her face, although that wasn't enough for her brother who shot him a intensive glare. "Look I know you are worried for Gale and so am I but you got to think about what hell she went through those long 12 years, trapped like a wild animal who had done nothing wrong to anyone and tested like she was just some mere toy to them. A fever is barely anything compared to all that piled on top of each other, just stop and think about of how painful it must have been when she received those wings by force." he continued to speak, his eyes glaring straight back at William's in a lock. Finally, William sighed in defeat and glanced away back towards Gale.

"I know Conner, is almost painful enough to even think about what she had to go through. She didn't want any of this... Hell, she didn't deserve any of this! I... I just wished I noticed sooner, that maybe... I could had prevented the whole incident from happening!" William spoke, his heart sunk with grief. He couldn't shake that memory of his sister being taken away from him even if he wanted to, every single day it would remind him of that dreaded day like a haunted record on repeat.

-Flashback-

"Come on Will! Betcha can't catch me!"

"Oh I so can! lets see how you like it when I turn up the heat!"

On that very snowy day, William and a few friends were playing a game of tag on their neighbour's yard across the street. Enjoying the fresh day while taking a few glances back towards his house to see his younger sibling, Gale, poking out of the window every know and then. Smiling at him while he would smile back. That was until...

-Scream!-

Right then, before his very own eyes and the blood curdling scream stopping him dead in his tracks. He glance towards the trace of the scream to see that a pale white van had shown up onto their driveway, within the back stood a tall person dressed in a white lab coat holding a clipboard. He appeared to be checking off something while two others were walking with something thrashing around in their arms, screaming almost completely high pitch enough to shatter glass. Glancing closer, he noticed it was his younger sibling while their father just stood in the doorway... emotionless as a robot.

"Thank you for your full cooperation sir. If you could just fill out this paperwork and then we will be on our way." one of them spoke as they shoved his sibling into the van.

-Flashback ended-

"I swear to god if they dare try to harm my sister again, they will wish they hadn't!" William spoke, his teeth clenching as that mere memory flooded through his mind once more while his hand tightened into a mere fist. After a few mere moments, he finally sighed while his grip loosened. "I think I need to get some air..." He spoke before turning his gaze over towards Conner who just stood there, staring almost into bewilderment at how much his own partner cared deeply about his sibling when he usually didn't even care about anything at all. "Conner, Do you think you could watch over Gale for me?" He finally asked, snapping his partner out of his little trance. 

"Wha? Oh yeah! Yeah, sure!" Conner spoke out of content, his eyes trying to grab onto what his partner was just talking about. William could only rolled his eyes slightly before heading towards the door, his pace wearing heavily onto the floorboards below him. "Thank you" were the only words that left his lips before he left the room in silence, not daring to look back towards his sibling for he felt she would bring back more harsh memories about the past. But even though they were no longer separated and united back together as they should have been, one question still lingered in his mind for quite some time. Why? Why would their father had allowed the facility to take his sibling off his hands as if she was just a piece of garbage to him? Treating her as a loose straying paper that would eventually end up in the paper shredder. That very question had still remained unanswered to him. Whenever he spoke of the story to anyone else, he would make up the excuse of someone from a small company wanting to try something on her back at their headquarters and then say that his parents died trying to get her back from that company. Although, half of the lie was true... his father did disappear a few weeks after his sibling was taken but there was still another question he yearned to know.

Where did he go... and why?