Chapter 6.

-Gale's pov-

"So that's what happened huh? That is quite the unexpected story I've ever heard." Raymond spoke as he placed down his mug onto the tray, his mind appearing to have probably a flurry of questions just waiting anxiously to be asked. "I had always considered sirens to be a extinct species but it looks like you have proved me wrong on that since you have one that apparently stays hidden away in your mind." I slowly placed my mug down onto the tray without trying to move my leg that much, the tiny sparks that sprang from it made me squeeze my eyes shut from the pain. Raymond must have took notice because the next thing I realized was him lifting up the blanket I had covered my legs with and taking a look at my wound.

"Hmm..." he mumbled slightly before he squinted closer towards the injury, Giving off a silent but sudden gasp as if he noticed something in the wound. He then quickly then moved his glance towards mine with brightened olive eyes. "Gale, do you know anything about this birthmark you have near your ankle?" He asked as he directed one of his finger's towards a large blotch just below were the bandage had its lowest wrap around my leg, it's shape kinda scratchy and disfigured as it was trying to resemble a 6 pointed flower looking straight at you. I had almost forgotten that I had that birthmark, or it was just to unbearable to remember from the horrid memories that lied behind it. "Yes... That birthmark I have near my ankle is pretty much the only thing that I have left of my family to carry with me. They are probably wondering where I am, Or if I still even exist in this world..." I managed to speak before I lowered my gaze towards the floorboards beneath me, my face darkening as memories of being taken away to the facility flooded my mind like a gigantic tidal wave.

"Gale... If you don't wish to speak about it then I ain't going to make you. I can already tell that birthmark probably has some dark secrets behind it that aren't easy to deal with constantly every single day." Raymond spoke as he placed his leather gloved hand onto mine, pulling it into a slightly tight hold. Even though this guy had his men rescue me from the facility and saved my life before I could take anybody else's, this man deserved to know the truth behind my birthmark... my scar as I preferred to call it by. " No, you saved my life... twice and I have to return the favour by providing the info I know on somethings you want answers to. Its the least I can do at the moment." I butted in before raising my weary eyes towards him. "You see, quite a long time ago. 12 years to be exact. I used have a family, two parents who loved their children to the very core of their hearts while having a very protective brother who wanted nothing more but to see his own sister happy for most of her childhood. Of course we looked entirely different in looks but we both had the exactly same birthmarks which identified ourselves as siblings. A scratchy looking 6 pointed flower near the bottom of our ankles, But then came the day where my parents gave me away to the facility because they were too naive to realize that they weren't on planning on giving me back and now they probably think I'm dead..." I managed to finish before tears began to flow from my eyes, the tiny salt droplets dripping from my cheeks and onto the blanket.

*Knock Knock!* "Sir? Are you there? I need to have a chat with you." A voice called from beyond the other side of the door, the person's voice sounding deep and yet so familiar to me like a person I had met quite some time ago.

"Hang on, I'm coming... just give me a minute alright?" Raymond responded as he got to his feet, his fur cape slipping away from the dusty floor. "Its probably nothing, just stay here and try to relax. I'll be back shortly." He spoke before strolling towards the door with heavy footsteps, quickly opening and closing the door behind him faster than the blink of an eye. Shortly after he left, loud muffled could be heard from beyond that door. Too blurry and quick to know what they were talking about even though I did have a rough outline thought about it.

They were talking about me... probably questions about myself and personal things I didn't care to unveil from the dreaded sides of my memory.

"You know, for someone as sweet and sensitive as this guy. He's probably lying about everything and just wants all the info about us and about our power. I know for a fact that all thieves do it for a reason and getting info about certain people is one of them." I heard Aurora speak in a concerned tone. Now that I know that Aurora is awake, I can finally have some time to question her myself and about a lot of other things. " And just when I had started to believe you were swept away from my mind. Out of the blue, you decide to show up." I spoke back in sarcasm, nearly sneaking a chuckle in. "Oh ha ha ha, very funny." I heard her speak in remark

"Anyways, I kinda feel a little bad for you. After hearing that whole thing behind your birthmark, it nearly brought me to tears. Separated from your own family from that governmental group of idiots that got you in this mess in the first place, it is quite tragic." Aurora spoke as I could feel her slight faint waves of empathy emitting from my mind, almost like feeling love for one person but yet for another. I turned my gaze towards the window to see that the sun was already near the peaks of the pine furs in the horizon, its brightening light nearly piercing through the trees like arrows. Near the corner edges of the window revealed buildings that appeared to be made from sandstone, some of them almost as tall as the building I was in while some others were small maybe even half the size of the taller ones. It had appeared that this house was on the outskirts of this what most of these people call "The Thief City" and if I wanted to escape from here, all I had to do was hop out the window and fly off into the forest. Blending completely into the shadows of the pines or the whiteness of the clouds on a cloudy night. 

And thats what I plan to do now, no longer will anybody claim me as a piece of their property and just use me, for a lot of people in this world are dirty liars and don't deserve to have any trust. Its now my turn to write my story and finally do the things I should have done a long time ago.

Find my family...

Find my brother...

And finally escape this horrid dream...

________________________________________________________________________________

Sebastian's pov.

"So... how's the kid holding up?" I asked as soon as Raymond closed the door behind him, a grim look bearing across his face with heavy sighs hidden deep within his breath. Something about that look was a sign of either sadness or frustration, such as a wave of heavy emotions had swept away the joy from his heart. Before I could even say anything, a question soon rang suddenly from him. " Sebastian... Is William Rose here in the city at the moment?" William? Why does he want William? That alcoholic backstabber can barely do anything without having to take 5 minute breaks each half an hour for drinking at the tavern, Well it better be something good if Raymond is asking for him. "Of course he is, he just came in with Conner yesterday after a thieving trip to one of the nearby towns." I responded kindly.

"Well, I think he is going to like seeing his little sister again after 12 years of separation." Raymond spoke as a small smile crept up on his face. After that mere sentence everything almost stopped like time itself had froze for the brief moment. Sister? Since when did William ever mention about having a sister? The only other person I knew in this city who had a sibling was Carmen who had 2 younger brothers that could be quite the nuisance to her sometimes, Oliver being one of them so this was quite the surprise for me. If I had a sibling I never knew about then I would totally flip out or just faint from the shock. "I found out because she has a birthmark that is exactly the same as Williams, also the fact that she mentioned having a brother who was older than she is." He spoke before turning his gaze to me. " You mean that scratched up looking flower he has on his ankle that he sometimes covers up because of bad memories? She has it too?" I questioned before he rose his hand, silence befalling my line of speech. "Although it would make him probably overjoyed to see his own sibling, There is still a bit of shock still taking toll on her. I think it might be best if we just allowed her to calm down and allow some things to sink in first. Tomorrow we will tell William and bring him here so he can see his sister."

*CRASH!* *SHATTER!*

"Wha? What was that?" Raymond barked as the sudden noise of shattering glass echoed from behind. Almost within instant, he quickly reopened the door behind him to find the room remaining the same way it was except for the window which was shattered like someone had just landed a large fist straight through it. Glass was scattered against the bed and the floor in small fragments while only small frequent amounts remained pinned to the window.  However the person who dealt the damage was nowhere in sight not even outside the view of the window. 

"Holy jesus! Remind me that Gale is a escape artist too!" Raymond spoke before he dashed to the window, his boots clanking heavily against the glass as I followed closely behind him. As soon as we reached the empty frame, we noticed small shiny fragments of glass tucked away against the white powdered streets. However, that did not catch my eye. There, hiding almost blending against the snow were small blotches of dark crimson. Some of them scattered while others were closely splatted together. Squinting closer, That wasn't just any dark liquid I saw. It was almost unmistakable...

"It was blood... leading a straying trail away into the blackness of the forest."