Chapter 7.

-Gale's pov-

Darkness surrounded me as I flew past the never-ending rows of pines, their snowy covered branches casting mighty silhouettes against the bright white snow below them. Through their immense numbers stood small peaks of moonlight lit sky, trying to send streaks of light to pierce through the dark. I still felt bad for having to break that thief, Raymond's window. But I wasn't like had any other options on breaking out of a thief leader's house, the only other option would have been the door but he was right outside talking with someone and I don't plan on becoming half dragon and burning the entire place down to make my own. Moving swiftly, I quickly flew upwards towards the lower branch levels to hide myself in case any of the thieves were doing some late night hunting robbery.

"Wow, didn't think you had that much strength in you for someone who is injured on their lower end." Aurora spoke as I quickly started to barrel to the left and right to avoid incoming branches, their sharp needles slightly scratching away at my skin whenever I flew past them. "To be honest, I wasn't even sure if you even had the guts to leave after everything you've done. From trying to break out of that facility a billion times then smashing some guys window to escape. The next thing you'll know is getting shot and ending up meeting your brother face to face unexpectedly..."

Sighing quietly, I quickly landed on a nearby branch leading towards a opening in the tree top. The leaves thick enough to hide me from any nearby hunters while I would try to think of a plan on which way home was... at least of there was a home to go back to. "The reason I tried to escape so many times back then was for a specific reason. Not a simple reason like everyone in one place are enemies or anything like that. It was because I never wanted to lose hope that my family could had possibly come to facility and try breaking me out of there, even now it still haunts me that it has become the purpose itself." I explained quietly as I felt a cool breeze move calmly past me, shaking the leaves as I carefully sat down near its base of growth.  " I still wish that I could have rewinded time before all this happened and stop myself from having to be ensnared into this fate." 

"Things just... just don't turn out the way we want them to Gale,  I know how much you want to rewrite your own story but fate has wove this path already for you a long time ago and you don't really have a choice but to accept that." Aurora spoke softly before I felt a slight wave of empathy  emit from her. "Gale, no matter how crazy of circumstances we fall into. Just remember that I love you, not as a partner but a true friend. Im here for you no matter what." She added before a sudden piercing noise soon broke our train of thought, I took a glance to notice a arrow sticking straight into the tree I was quietly resting upon. Its pointed edge nearly embedded completely into the protective bark while the rest of it stood out like a stick in the mud, it had had missed my right wing by a inch while another was shot and this time closer towards my feet. Looking downwards, I noticed that a group of thieves were standing a little ways away from the tree. A few of them holding bows while others held torches. Near the centre of the group, Raymond stood with almost perfect posture.

"Gale! Please stop this foolishness and please come down! You had us worried sick about you!" Raymond barked out towards me with a gentle tone, Keeping his hand raised to keep the archers at bay.  I however did not dare to move a inch for his archers would had easily began to shoot again if he lowered his hand. "Come on Gale... You'll die of cold out here! and plus who knows what out here would make you a easy target for their next meal." He added. Standing carefully, I quickly rose to my feet and glanced at him straight in the eyes. Seeing the bright olive colour faded from the lack of light. "And why would I plan on staying? Knowing you thieves, you will only plan to use me in some scheme and then backstab me so I end up receiving the punishment that you deserved." I barked back before taking off into the darkness around me, allowing my figure to blend completely into the night like a mere silhouette.