The Red Wolf challenging Carson’s claim on me. Nassine and some unknown entity trying to kidnap my children, and then my children themselves coming into their own powers. I didn’t know where to begin. But I had complete faith in my mate. He was so much more than anyone had any idea about. I could feel the power of his energy when our auras mixed, and to be honest, I am scared for him to ever unleash the full strength of it. He was more powerful than the combined councils and I feared that they would want to destroy him for that reason alone.

My arms tightened protectively around him even more and I tried my best to push those morbid thoughts out of my mind. “You know what? It’s been too gloomy around here lately. We should have a family fun day with everyone. The weather is perfect outside and the families are completely protected in the compound.” I suggested and wiggled out of Carson’s arms. I didn’t wait for him to answer as I sprinted out of the room and quietly peeked into the boy’s room to make sure that they were alright. I knew I had a limited window of time before they were going to be wide awake and demanding their breakfast.

By the time I hung up the phone with Chantal, I was more than excited for the day’s upcoming events. If anyone can pull it off the Alpha’s mate could. Carson came into the kitchen carrying all the babies. Sebastian required a little bit more attention because his Vampire emotions and needs were special compared to his siblings. We had to be careful of his bloodlust and his instinct to bite. I needed to find out from Rafael if feeding from me would be okay.

After I closed the toddler’s safety gate that cutting them off from the open patio door, Carson set the boys down on the floor. Dominic immediately made his way over to me and wrapped his chubby little arms around my leg. He was my clinging baby boy, while Trenton and Sebastian were more independent as they toddled over to their bin of toys I always kept in the kitchen to keep them occupied. Carson helped me dish up their warm cereal and put the little wiggling terrors into the high chairs. It took the two of us to make sure at least most of their banana cereal made into their mouths and not on their faces, the floor, or on us.

My wonderful mate was the taste tester this morning, meaning he had to swallow mouthfuls if the baby mush and pretend it was the best thing he has ever eaten...poor thing, better him than me I sucked at acting. We were wiping my sweet boy’s sticky faces when all of a sudden Carson went completely still and his eyes flared brilliant blue. Then before I could blink he rushed from the room and out the open patio doors. The children started to fuss with the suddenness of their father's disappearance and I had to concentrate in keeping them calm. I flicked my wrist and closed and locked the patio doors just in case, and I made sure the safeguard spells were woven around the house.

I herded my sons towards their room, a quick bath and then playtime to keep them entertained. I was more than curious to know what the hell was going on. I was dying to link to Carson and see for myself. But my concern right now was our babies. It took a little longer to bathe the little wiggling monsters. I noticed that Sebastian mood was quickly deteriorating as he slipped into his bloodlust and I guess it was time for his other feeding. I made a mental note to call Rafael when I am done. I dressed the boys and carried them into the living room, but just as I entered the room I spotted movement in the clearing beyond the glass door and I gasped and clutched the boys tighter to my body. They sensed the change in my mood and the must have picked up on my distress because they went completely still their auras sparked and surrounded them in protection.  

Standing in the clearing just on the edge of our safeguards was Miles, his fur was flaming red in the bright sunshine and he was huge...His feral black gaze burning as he stared straight at me. I slowly began to back out of the room. I wanted to confront the son of a bitch but my children’s safety came first. How the hell did he make it onto the compound? Miles stepped back and circled the edge of the clearing. It was like he knew the spell was there and that made my skin prickle, no one other than Carson, Aaron, or I should have been able to sense our energy field. I refused to take my eyes from him as he circled once more, and then his head snapped up.