Chapter 24

Camila blinked back tears as she walked out of the apartment building. The air outside was warm, it probably would've been a perfect night for the rooftop dinner.

Her hopes for that perfect date with Lauren was ruined in a matter of minutes. She needed to explain everything. Tell her that she was scared at first and that she never meant to manipulate anything. She hadn't even noticed that she did.

She glanced up and saw Max staring at her in front of an Escalade. She stopped in her tracks. She wasn't ready to go back to her apartment. She wasn't ready for all of this to be over.

Ally put her hand on Camila's back trying to usher her towards the car. "Come on Mila. In the morning it would be better," she said.

"I don't want to go," Camila objected. "I'm not going."

The short Latina wasn't sure what to do. She knew she couldn't exactly force Camila to go but she knew it was best if she wasn't wandering the streets aimlessly and brokenhearted.

"Please Mila," she pleaded. "Come home with me. I'll cook you dinner and bake some cookies."

"That's not my home," Camila whispered. "I can't go there. I need air, I-I feel like I'm suffocating but I know I'm breathing just fine. You can't stick me in that tiny ass apartment and expect food to fix this Ally. I'm sorry," the tears were burning eyes again. "Fuck, I'm so fucking sorry," she said looking upward.

"Miss Brooke," Max cleared his throat pulling out his phone. "Let me take you home. Camila will be okay."

Camila didn't hesitate to walk away from the two. She didn't know where she wanted to go, but she needed to be away from everyone. She down a side street near Lauren's building.

Why couldn't Lauren just let her explain? She picked up the pace until she was running. She kicked off her heels and really took off. She tried to keep herself on dark streets so that no one would think she was a crazy lady running around in a dress. Even if she felt like she was a crazy.

With each stride she took, memories of her and Lauren flashed in her mind like a movie. Waking up in her arms the first time they met. Smoking with her during the storm. Meeting Clara and Mike. Watching The Notebook on their first date. The first time they had sex in New York. Valentine's day. Walking the red carpet.

Camila's thoughts were running as fast as she was. She wasn't paying attention and she stepped on a shard of glass that sent her tumbling to the ground. She put her hands in from of her to soften the impact but it was no use as her face smacked against the pavement.

The concrete was cool against her warm body. She didn't bother moving, believing that she probably deserved it. She lied there contemplating her situation until she heard footsteps hastily making their way to her.

Please be Lauren. Please be Lauren.

"Are you okay?" a deep voice asked her without any tone of concern.

She lifted herself slightly to see one of Max's guys standing there. "Toni?" she questioned and his icy blue eyes just stared at her.

Great. Of all the people that could've found her, it's the one person who doesn't talk or feel emotions. She looked down to see his boots standing on the same glassed she cut her foot on.

She let out a bitter chuckle thinking this had to be a cosmic joke and that the universe had to hate her as much as Lauren did.

Toni followed her eyes beneath his boots, only to find some pieces of a frame and a scrunched up post-it. He didn't pay any mind to it and made his way towards her.