Chapter 11

Lauren was sitting on the windowsill in her hotel room Thursday night. The Holy Trinity would return home in the morning, meaning that Lauren would see Camila. She tossed her cigarette out the window and walked to her bed.

Her phone started ringing and 'Camz' lite up on the caller ID, she smiled to herself. After their date, actually after meeting Camila, she was stuck on Lauren's mind.

Nothing had changed between them since the date, Lauren still relentlessly flirted with Camila who in turn playfully rejected her. The only thing that was different was they literally never stopped texted or calling unless Lauren was busy or Camila was in class.

Lauren found it odd that she was calling at 3am, they had already said their goodnights earlier.

"Hey Camz," Lauren answered.

"Lo," Camila whispered. Her voice was weak and Lauren began to worry.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" she asked frantically.

"Y-yeah. There's just...just a storm. I'm scared." Camila sounded broken.

"Oh baby," Lauren cooed. "It's okay, it's going to be okay."

"Tell me something. Talk to me about a-anything please," Camila pleaded.

"Well, I said something pretty stupid at the interview today. We were talking about what makes a woman a boss, Dinah goes into talking about confidence. She said girls just need to not care what people think and you just gotta do you."

"Does Dinah rehearse for these interviews because that actually sounded a bit smart," Camila weakly joked still sounding scared.

Lauren laughed, "That's not nice. Okay, well...I followed that with so girls could do themselves."

"Oh my god, Lauren!"

"In my defense, it was taken completely out of context! I didn't mean do themselves, do themselves. Just kinda like do you girl!"

"Sure Lo," Camila laughed.

"Well the girls started laughing and the interviewer couldn't get us under control after that."

"You ended an interview with your inappropriateness!"

"It wasn't my fault! Whatever," she said. "Moving on, I'm going to see my parents tomorrow. Want to come?"

"Chris invited me already, and Ally and Shawn. Umm...I'll go if-if it's not raining," Camila sounded small again.

"Don't worry, Camz. If it is raining, I got you."

"I don't know, Lolo."

"I'll never let anything hurt you—"

A loud boom was heard on the other side of the line. It was followed by a squeal from Camila.

"Babe it's okay," Lauren said. She didn't know what else she could do for the younger girl. She remembered the storm in Texas and that singing helped calm down Camila. She cleared her voice and began to sing.

What time you coming out?
We started losing light
I'll never make it right
If you don't wander off
I'm so excited for the night
All we need's my bike
And your enormous house
You said some day we might
When I'm closer to your height,
Till then we'll knock around and see
If you're all I need

Don't you see me, I
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
And don't you need me, I
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
On this night, and in this light
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
And maybe you, change your mind.