Chapter 4

Throughout that day, Lauren couldn't keep her eyes off Camila, she continued to flirt with her while Camila continued to reject her. Lauren didn't understand, both men and women practically fell at her feet.

Camila didn't want Lauren to give her horrible pick lines and talk about her outer beauty, she wanted the Lauren that complimented KC's passions. She thought about telling the girls, especially now that they were all there, but she couldn't. She thought it was too much of a coincidence, and they would think she purposely sought them out.

Normani and Ally came home very confused at the sudden appearance of Dinah, who explained she came because of Lauren. She wanted to make sure that everything was okay, and she also wanted to bring in the new year with her best friends.

The five girls spent the day getting to know each other. Dinah and Normani trying their hardest to embarrass Lauren with old stories from on tour and school. Lauren tried to do the same, but it was hard when it's two against one.

It didn't matter much to her, she was too focused on Camila, admiring everything about her. They bonded over being Cuban, as well as being from Miami. Lauren still couldn't shake how familiar Camila seems. She brushed it off, assuming that she probably saw her around Miami growing up.

It was time to get ready for the New Year's party that Normani was taking the girls to, and everyone was scattered around her house. While shopping Normani and Ally decided, they wanted to match for the party. Main color theme would be burgundy. Unfortunately, they couldn't find anything that color for Camila. Normani just brought her a black short lace dress.

Lauren and Ally were the first one to finish. Lauren's outfit was a simple black turtleneck, tucked into burgundy pants. Ally wore a burgundy turtleneck and a burgundy high waisted patterned skirt. The two hung out downstairs while the rest were finishing up.

Ally turned on some music and started dancing in the living room. Lauren brought two glasses of champagne, she handed one to Ally and started dancing as well.

Ally giggled, "You're a much better dancer than me."

"I'm nothing compared to Mani. She could do tricks with her ass." Lauren said. "So what's up with Camila, why doesn't she want to go out with me?"

"Maybe because you're an asshole," Dinah declared, barging into the living.

"Damn Dinah. You look good!" Ally said.

Dinah had packed many outfits for this evening, and luckily had a tight burgundy skirt, and a matching long sleeve crop top. Her smooth stomach was left exposed.

"You're hot but you're mean. I'm not an asshole!" Lauren proclaimed.

"Oh come on, you talk to the poor girl like she's supposed to like you! You realize that just makes her think you just want sex. Which you do, but you can't." Dinah told her.

"My best friend isn't like that Lauren," Ally said.

"Okay, okay. So what if I actually want to take her out like for real? How do I do that?"

Both Ally and Dinah started laughing, and Lauren furrowed eyebrows in confusion. Dinah saw Laurens reaction and widen her eyes. "Oh, you weren't joking?" she asked.

"Lauren, no offense but you don't seem like the dating type. Seriously, you see Mila. She wants the fairytale type of love kind of girl."

"I take offense," Lauren said. "But you're saying that I have to make sure tonight before 12 she loses her shoe, and tomorrow give it back to her?" she joked.