Chapter 19

*Mentions of abuse // Homophobic slurs*

The weeks leading up to Camila's birthday and a few afterward, Lauren had been very gentle with her. She treated her like she was made of glass like she could break at any moment. Lauren didn't leave her side, only when she had to, which was pretty much only when Camila had class. Other than that, she was with her all day.

It was nice to be cared for in that way, but Camila hated it. She loved being with Lauren like 24/7 and she loved this soft side of her, but she didn't like how overly careful she was being.

Take now for example, Camila was on spring break and spent every day at Lauren's place. The pair were waking up snuggled in bed and instead of Camila being smothered by Lauren's arms, they just wrapped around her loosely.

"Babe, you gotta stop," Camila complained.

"I'm...not...doing anything?" The popstar was confused because they literally just woke up. Maybe she was holding her too tight, she loosened her grip.

"That! You see?" Camila curled herself closer to Lauren, "I'm not going to break. I'm okay, babe. You're treating me like some broken baby bird."

Lauren giggled softly.

"Yeah okay, not the greatest comparison, but still. You have to stop," Camila said. "I love your gentleness. I love that you're so damn caring, but I don't know."

Lauren sighed, "Sorry. It's just..." She was wondering how to say, your dad's an abusive motherfucker that shouldn't be breathing and I just wanna show you the love you deserve.

"I get it," Camila cupped Lauren's face, "I appreciate it," she kissed her. "Thank you," she gave her a bunch of kisses until Lauren started laughing.

"Okay," Lauren pulled away but Camila pulled her back into another. "Bab–," she tried to speak but Camila didn't let up, so Lauren decided to take control.

She turned them over, so she was on top with Camila's legs wrapped around her waist. She pinned her hands down to the bed and deepened their kiss. She thought it was cute when she felt Camila's tongue fighting for dominance.

The brunette groaned as she gave into the popstar, allowing her mouth to be fully explored. She wiggled her hands loose and pushed the singer away slightly.

"There's my girlfriend," she smirked and gave her a peck. "I missed you."

Lauren smiled, "I just wanna make sure you're okay." She burrowed her face into Camila's neck. She let her scent fill her up. She closed her eyes, "I gotta go, but I don't wanna," she whined. "I go to sleep now."

She felt Camila run a nail up and down her spine while the other hand to lightly scratched her back. It sent tingles throughout her body and she shivered. Camila loved that she could make the older girl react that way by simple touches.

"We are going on a date tomorrow," Lauren mumbled.

"Tomorrow?"

"Mhm," Lauren hummed pulling away, "I have everything planned already, but if you have anything you have to do tomorrow, I guess I could squeeze in other things," she feigned annoyance.

Camila laughed, "I planned on seeing my mom. If it doesn't interfere with your plans that'd be nice."

"Yes, of course. Um, did you want Shawn to take you? Or I can have Max drop you off," she trailed off.

"No babe," Camila sat up a little and Lauren moved to her side. "You could drive me there, I'll only be a couple minutes."

Lauren nodded, "Are you...gonna be okay?"