I just start to  walk down the walkway leading to the student parking lot, when a guy with a head full of blonde hair steps in my way. Annoyed, I go to dodge around the guy when he blocks my way again.

I stop,aggravated, and when I look up, I see Mason, Mia’s older brother, staring  down at me. A smile covers his goofy ass face. Sighing, I tighten my hands around my keys and and cross my arms over my chest.

Since Mason was technically older, it must be weird to have his little sister attending the same college as him. His whole life he has prided the idea that he was older, now he was nothing more than an overly annoying upperclassmen.

Even though he acts like it doesn’t affect him either way, you can tell that he tries to keep an eye on her every time he catches her here. Even though he could care less what she did or who she stayed with, he still cared about his sister.

Rolling my eyes, I jut my chin toward the boys dorm rooms. Unlike Mia, Mason loved the dorms. Apparently it was the thing he has been waiting for his whole life. No idea why, and really, I didn’t find it in me to really find out.

“Shouldn’t you be in your room?”

Okay, maybe I should be in my room too, but Mason was one of those guys that were like Kayla.  Always causing trouble wherever they went. Mason shakes his head and his smile grows. Apparently the fact that he’s catching me leaving the dorms is funny to him.

“Ah, I missed you Kelsey. Actually, I think I am in love.” I laugh at that one.

Mason always seemed to be in love and always seemed to be in it with a different girl every day. Every time I stayed at Mia’s house he would declare his new love without hesitation. His own mother stopped listening after the twenty fifth declaration of love. I  twirl my keys around my finger and turn my head to the side.

“Who’s the unlikely victim?” He makes a face at the word victim and I grin. For real, if you are a girl and you see Mason heading your way, run. Because once he likes you he is like a little lost puppy.

He never goes away.

“Actually, I think I have a shot this time. She won’t tell me her name and every time I try to get her name, she laughs and puts her hand over her name tag. But, I know she wants me,”

“What does she look like?” I ask. I might not really hang out with a lot of people, but I was good when it came to placing names with faces. And since I spend a lot of time in the library studying, i know what I’m talking about.

You wouldn’t believe the amount of people that go to the library.

“Red hair, green eyes? I don’t think she goes here. Maybe though. She works at the little -”

“Hey, Mason. Hold up!” Mason’s words get cut off and I freeze a little and turn my head to take a peek over my shoulder. Really, I shouldn’t have. I should have just went on my way, leaving Mason to deal with his girl crises.

Because I know who the voice belonged too without bothering to even look. I see Nick jogging his way to us and when he sees me standing there with Mason, his smile gets bigger.

“Oh, hey Kels. I didn’t know you and Mason knew each other.” He says a little out of breath. He wipes a hand over his forehead, moving some of his hair with his fingers, and I nervously try to get my bearings.

Small fact: I sucked at talking to guys first. So  If he isn’t here to talk about the new episode of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, then he will be greatly disappointed.

Mason forgets what he is talking about and slings his arm around Nick’s shoulders, making Nick take a few steps back. Next to each other, Mason looks like a washed up version of what a college guy should look like.